Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

1.1 DOT bottle

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Glad you got that reconfirmed there Potts, was worried you were going to get talked into it on the Classifieds thread for a minute...

My first marker I bought second hand came with a DOT bottle, I learned the hard way, when Binz told me there was no way he'd fill it...but then Quacking Plums kindly supplied me with a nice 20 oz with the Spyder he sold me :D

Get a nice PMI Preset bottle, they keep turning up on Ebay for between £30-£70m I just picked up a brand new one for £45, so it's worth looking there.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Jose, thats not strictly true. I was talking to HPAC and they said that you can fill the DOT bottles as long as you fill it from a dive tank, or fill it from a non commercial source, which would include a commercial source if they were not charging you any money directly or indirectly for the fill. All very confusing, as safety has nothing to do with whether the filler charges you for the fill.

There were teams at Campaign Cup that had DOT bottles, Dynasty, 'Lanche, Strange, Bushwackers, Bad Company, Kapp, and they had no problems filling from the HPAC air systems. People do bend the rules, depending on the circumstances, but it is inadvisable to buy a DOT bottle as often there will be problems with filling, and many people would need the guidance of a commercial source while filling, a service HPAC cannot provide with DOT bottles. There is nothing to stop you bringing a dive tank though if you so wish.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Yes, but that's just semantics............ technically you can fill a non HSE bottle in the UK, but after that you are screwed as no site or tournament will then ley you fire it on their land/car park/carry it in the safe area. As it's the site/tourney that gets stung by HSE rules. So buy your DOT bottle and fill it in the garage, but that's the only place you'll ever get to use it :)
The rules are a bit different for VISITING players as far as I'm aware. But this is a UK baller getting the P!$$ taken out of them as they are new to the sport.
It happens all the time............ some tw@t tries to offload a useless bottle onto some poor unsuspecting new player.

pottts

Dec 29, 2003
I'll tell you when i know
GO JoseDominguez GO GO...

Cheers mate, i must agree.

If more people want to get into the sport, this isn't the way to go about it.

I could of bought that bottle, found I can't use it in the UK. Then packed the sport in (Not going to of course:) ). Hypothetically speaking of course, i could of also told a friend about my incident in paintball, who told a friend, who then told another friend and so on............

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Just looked at classifieds....... got to point out I wasn't getting at anyone in particular :) take Jack D's he's selling one but he's clear it's not much good for a UK player.
Just happens far too often, new players getting ripped off.........being sold POS markers for inflated prices.......... For instance JT don't make any top end electro tournament guns, but that's what they always call the things in classifieds. Yeah, a mag is great for tourney and a tippy is perfect for sup air. Recently saved a player from paying £300 for a base mag on C02...... worth about £70. Or another lad who was offered an entry level marker for £40 more than retail.