Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

1 on 1's

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
If you do get forced in, look up or back or whatever so you can see their stream of paint. When I gat stuck in 1 on 1s it's usually when my back player has pushed me up the filed and died before he could advance himself. Watch the stream and it will tell you where he's at. Also, if it stops, he's probably running down your throat, so come out tight and rip him in the open.

It's all about witts n skillz

I'm not the greatest 1 on 1 player in the world but here's my 2 cents:

1. If it settles down, it is a battle of witts or skills. If you know one is better for you than the other, turn the game the way it suits you:

Skills - Get dug in and snap-shoot. Don't let up on him and force him to play on your terms

Witts - Confuse him in as many ways as possible:

* Shout "S*** I'm out of paint" "Where's he gone" "This might hurt a bit" or anything to put him off and make him think things that are untrue.

* Do unexpected things: I was playing in a 1 on 1 with a team mate, and he was behind a low stand-up and he'd come out (my) left a couple of times, so I tried to put a couple of balls right at the correct time. As I am doign this he comes over the top and nearly had me bang to rights.

* If you have plenty of paintballs then consider throwing a handful at/over his baracade, this may confuse the hell out of him at the right moment.

When he is confused, move, get an angle on him, then light him up.

Keep your head, he is likely to be doing all of these things and more to you.
Richard

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Definately against the rules... I checked 'cos I thought it would be funny.
Other option in 1 on 1 is to walk them down... constantly firing and keeping them in. Stops them getting a shot of if you start with a full hopper..then you know exactly where they are, when they come out to snapshoot you already have paint in the air and they are on the hop.

Originally posted by JoseDominguez
Definately against the rules... I checked 'cos I thought it would be funny.
By against the rules, do you mean that you are not allowed to throw paintballs, or that they wouldn't count as a hit?

Originally posted by JoseDominguez
Other option in 1 on 1 is to walk them down... constantly firing and keeping them in. Stops them getting a shot of if you start with a full hopper..then you know exactly where they are, when they come out to snapshoot you already have paint in the air and they are on the hop.
Only danger is that if he comes out the other side of his baricade (or the top...) you are in the open. Walking somebody down is dangerous on a 1-on-1 situation. I'd much rather push a decent angle where I'd be safer.

But if it works for you...
Richard

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
I would never do this against a good player.
Maybe against some punter with walk on gear, but never against someone with any sort of skill!
You'd get killed big time and everyone would laugh at you.

The key to 1 on 1s i to know where your opponant is.