Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

100 mile Sea Masters Challenge - Spring 2015

No Idea

Apr 21, 2014
Hello People.

I have a problem.

My kids have decided they want to go on a multi day race in either dinghies or sailing canoes/kayaks along the South coast of the UK.

This is not a trip to even think about unless you are very very competent with your boat as the waters there are seriously unforgiving.

So...50 or so other lunatics have decided that they like the sound of this challenge and Ive been sort of left to organise it.

Im not convinced its possible yet, and even finding out what permissions I need to get is turning out to be something of a nightmare.

Anyhow....

While discussing it, someone decided it wasnt quite mad enough and suggested it should also be a full on paint ball war too.

This leads to my problem...Well...some new ones.

I know absolutely nothing about paintballing.

Theres a few things I would ask if you could help me with...

Would any of you know if....

1. Its legal to sail up the Channel firing a paintball gun?

2. Does it have to be kept in an enclosure?

3 Do paint balls stain sail cloth or damage fish?

4. Is there seawater safe guns and equipment available?

5. What else do I need to know?

Many thanks.

No Idea.

No Idea

Apr 21, 2014
Thank you Mr Rich.

Brillliant! You have already taught me something I didnt know - and given me another load of questions.

Air weapons....Are markers limited by muzzle velocity?

If I can carry a harpoon gun for fishing, at sea, can I carry a marker for a sporting event?

I will go ask a Harbour Master.

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
General rule of thumb is that they don't fire over 300 fps, lots of places limit to 280fps.

Proper CE/ASTM approved goggles need to be worn at all times

If being carried, nothing should be attached to them, i.e hoppers/tanks, the dangers of these being used in moving vehicles being shot at each other scares the pants off him and screams illegal to me.

@admin advise please

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I would say its a bad idea for a number of reasons.

Paintball works hard to try to maintain a good reputation, PLEASE dont reverse 30yrs of work by doing something stupid and killing yourself. Sailing would not make the headlines, paintball would regardless of what caused any accident.

@Steve Bull @Buiscuit

No Idea

Apr 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I would make clear that until such time as I am convinced this challenge can be undertaken safely, its a no go.

Im not interested in risking anyone - especially my kids.

Paintballing at the same time....No chance - unless Im convinced it is safe.

I will look at what can go wrong, and what can be done about those things. If no solutions can be found...It remains a no go.

If you run out into the street and shoot some random person...thats bad.

If its someone who is involved in a tournament with you, that - I believe is fine.

How about all participating vessels must carry a flag to distinguish them from everyone else.

Im expecting each helm to carry a Go Pro - or equivelent.

Photo evidence of the flag must be taken before the hit photo for it to count.

All persons on any participating vessel must wear approved masks at all times and no tanks on the markers.

Firing from a moving vessel...Not sure if you are aware that kayaks and canoes seldom reach speeds above 4mph, and dinghies not usually above 7mph. You could probably out run the whole fleet at a sprint. This really isnt going to be the fastest running gun battle ever fought.

admin

Administrator
Jul 2, 2001
It wont be allowed simple as, you wont be able to contain the area safely enough and no insurance company will insure it for anything less than a small fortune.

No Idea

Apr 21, 2014
Then there is no point in discussing this here any further.

Many thanks for your help.

No Idea.