Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

15 things you didn't want to know :)

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
Best way to get it to Seagulls is to fill chips with baking soda.... they take off and... foom pureed gull (never done it myself living inland we don't get that many seagulls, but pigeons hmmmm)

pupster01

www.Teamapoc.co.uk
Nov 13, 2001
Watford
teamapoc.co.uk
Originally posted by John Molloy
Best way to get it to Seagulls is to fill chips with baking soda.... they take off and... foom pureed gull (never done it myself living inland we don't get that many seagulls, but pigeons hmmmm)
it you can get it carbide is also v good as you only need a tiny piece of it(yes ihave seen it in action we used it when we went caving)

Justin Owen

American BadAss
Jul 10, 2001
Kenner, LA USA
Visit site
Hmmmm...

1. Sounds reasonable, but I don't care nevertheless.

2. Sounds reasonable once again, but leaves out important variables that might make this "fact" much less significant to the passing eye. Once again, I don't care nevertheless.

3. Sounds completely reasonable...do I care? No.

4. This one, I don't buy. And who's "popular belief" is it that chewing gum STAYS in the gut???

5. Believe it or not, I don't have a problem with this...sounds reasonable, though the description "rectum inside out" gives the wrong impression of what actually might occur.

6. It is NOT physically possible to cough your guts up!!!

7. Don't know, don't care...but sounds reasonable.

8. Sounds reasonable, but I still don't care.

9. Ok but come on, that's just 1/10,000th of your body weight. Do the math on yourself, that's a TINY amount...and that statistic is probably skewed even more by the more underdeveloped countries. Besides, your normal gut flora could be considered "parasitic" if you really got down to the nitty gritty, and without it you'd DIE. Not as traumatizing a statistic when viewed that way, eh?

10. So what??? Do I care??? Nope. Does it have anything to do with Paintball??? Nope. Moving on...

11. Not only does this sound reasonable, but I'm a bit suspicious that this "fact" actually falls a little SHORT of actuality. I'd bet that the longest recorded tapeworm was longer than that!

12. I've heard this one before. Not sure whether or not I really believe that it's possible, but I tend to agree with Tyger on this one...especially because of the "eaten through the eardrum" part, which puts up bigtime red flags if you are at all aware of how spiders actually "eat."

13. Although this one is similar to the one above, I'm more inclined to think this one might possibly be true. There are tropical organisms who are capable of utilizing a living human host in this manner.

14. I am quite certain this is not only possible, but probably happens a LOT more than we might expect. I know of a case where an obese woman went in for a mammography and when they lifted her breast, they found a half-eaten Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich underneath. But again, do I care? Nope.

15. Hmmmm...do I care one way or another? NO!

:p
~Justin~

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
I have seen someone cough his lungs up ( he choked to death on it too ) he was a long term smoker and the smokers cough literally tore his lungs apart..:( the way it works is, In the trachea there are thousands of little hairs that waft the mucus up out of the lungs every time you inhale smoke these are damaged or destroyed and as a result the mucus collects in the Brachii the cough develops to clear the airway and the more you smoke the worse it gets. If you stop smoking they can grow back but if you don't you start coughing blood and chunks of lung:eek: hope this is interesting but it is true and very horrible:(

Justin Owen

American BadAss
Jul 10, 2001
Kenner, LA USA
Visit site
Right, but...

I agree with what you say (you're correct), but I see the lungs and the breathing pathway as being quite different from what is implied by "guts," or what is commonly viewed as the digestive pathway. So when he said it was physically possible to cough your "guts" up, I gotta reply with "unh-uh."

Also, things like emphysema and cancer can cause serious damage along the likes of what you correctly describe, but to say "coughing [guts] up" to me at least implies a single, solid heap coming up...like ejecting your stomach (or lungs, for that matter) all in once piece. No way...won't happen, unless my understanding of anatomy is so far off base I should sue for misteachings.

:p

Naturally, though, in a weakened physiological state you could have problems with particular organs that could make them more succeptible to various problems.

Smoking, though, basically sucks ass any way you look at it. Cancer is, generally speaking, a lottery so smokers are gambling any time they take a drag, problem is the numbers add up until eventually you get the right combonation and then you "win." Symptoms like what you describe are dead-on accurate to things that smokers will develop if they live long enough and aren't killed by other smoking-related diseases first (like arterial blockage, heart disease, etc., etc., etc.).

(as you can probably detect, I rate tobacco/cigarette companies among the lowest scum of the Earth).

~Justin~

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
I have to agree with you on that as well Justin (ain't that nice we all agree:D ) and my understanding of anatomy is not extensive cos I am an analytical chemist not a Biology major I think their is just too much conective tissue involved to eject the stomach let alone the intestines and other "guts" this must take in the Liver Spleen Kidneys etc.... as for the others I echoe another post I DON'T CARE it ain't as was said Paint ball and if the original poster is interested Hugh Despenser (Edward II's lover) was tied to a ladder and had his Testicles removed and cooked then fed to him before they let his intestines out for their first view of the world:D the middle ages (high M A) were very nasty if you were on the wrong side in a conflict during the scittish wars the thirty years war and the hundred years war(all were running at the same time) in fact the Scots had a treaty with France and they were asked to invade to try and draw troops from France. and not a lot of people give a damn about that:D

Smokin'

Dec 23, 2001
NorCal
Visit site
Sadly, I know much worse

I gotta throw in my two cents into this one. The inside out rectum is very true, except it don't just happen on airplane cans. Its called a prolapsed rectum and it happen way more than you want to know. I've treated at least 1 and heard of many more.
And missing items found in "big" people, well again thats true. Been there, seen that, sold the t-shirt on E-Bay.
I treated a kid in the ER about 10 years ago for really bad breath. This 5-6 year old came in with his Mom very upset that her kid's breath was so bad. I did the assessment, kid was finejust had really rank breath. Nothing helped, mouthwash didn't work, brushing after every meal nope. So the Doc comes in talks for a while, then starts poking around the kid. Looks in the kids nose grabs the forceps and pulls out what looks like the biggest lump of snot. Smelled really bad. Kid feels and smells better. We drop it in a test tube look it over and it just dosen't look right. We diecide we should send it off to the lab for some tests, just to make sure this kid is really ok. Then it hits me, I ask Mom if they had pizza lately. "Yep, about 2 weeks ago, why?" The kid had rolled up a piece of pepporoni and shoved it on up there. It didn't come back out and he didn't think to much of it. If anyone beats the 27 foot record I want some credit.
So thats the kinda stuff I got rolling around in my head, could be why paintball is so freakin' relaxing.
Enjoy your meal
Smokin'