Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

15bps rant

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Can someone just do a search for a really good thread about semis being introduced? do a "find and replace" edit for "pump" replace with "semi", semi, replace with "15bps" and we can save a lot of time and effort :)

The rules were fair last season, unfortunately, the marker technology wasn't and it was too hard to catch cheats, it was pretty easy to catch someone who'd done it by accident/lack of knowledge on marker set up though. Cheats got through, mistakes were penalised heavily. Most players were getting silly rates of fire anyway, with or without help..... at least this way it even's the playing field.

Actually I'd like to protest at paintball planet for releasing a cheap high end marker.......... I didn't spend all that time getting qualified to get a well paid job just so any monkey could afford a good marker.. it's not fair.
The 15bps thing has spawned lots of complaints........ but I tihnk the 35 bunkers per field is going to change the game more............. where are all those back men complaining that longballs corner to corner will be a thing of the past?

Or did they just accept change and get over it?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by JoseDominguez

The 15bps thing has spawned lots of complaints........ but I tihnk the 35 bunkers per field is going to change the game more............. where are all those back men complaining that longballs corner to corner will be a thing of the past?

Or did they just accept change and get over it?
If I were able to play the PA series, I'd be rubbing my hands at the new 35 bunker ruling :) As a back player who is probably less agile than most, it would give me the opportunity to move up and push forwards a lot easier than the rather sparse fields that seemed to be popular in the last year or so. I reckon it's going to make the games much faster and more agressive as it will allow much more movement on the field, and will bring out skills other than laying down constant streams of paint in the same place all game.:cool:

Myth

Jason Wheeler
Feb 11, 2004
London
Visit site
Originally posted by Ben Frain

Furthermore, Jason, you shoot a Timmy correct? Do you believe that the speed of your gun is all down to your 'skill' on the trigger or a little assistance from the debounce settings?
Yes i do shoot a timmy. However i also have it on debounce 50 the max deb allowed and i will get a few bounces there and then but i dont get ''shots added'', it shoots fast enough and i have tryed it on deb 2 and i chop like fu*k beacuse its seriously like full auto, i dont have any assistance on my timmy. However the way the rules where for 2004 toward this topic whould be fine in my opinion.

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Originally posted by ANDY-501
No im not kidding you.

When i talk of walking the trigger fast im not just talking standing at the chrono trying to impress people, im talking about being able to do that while running at full speed and reading the field and being accurate none of which are skills we are born with.

I would rather have someone on my team that can dominate the opposition with firepower while running and shooting accurately to get into a better position than someone who cant move and stays where he is and snap shoots to try and get eliminations
Andy mate, a good snapshooter with good use of bunker techniques could take out any driller on the move or otherwise in one shot. Snap shooting is a key skill to stop any driller suppressing his opponent!! :)
So i agree with Ben, snapshooting, and also running and shooting is a key skill for every player to have on a team back player, or not!
As for the 15Bps ruling i dont find anything wrong with it. Walking the trigger isnt a skill, maybe improving the quickness of ur off hand is, but general speed comes down to continous use of a marker.
Ramping is an issue, but allowing the use of these enhancements will allow the players to shoot an appropriate speed, that will be detectable, but fair for all.
At Campaign i got pulled for a bouncing nexus twice at one field, even though it had been adjusted by planet the first time round. Then the following day it bounced again, adding to us losing the chance to get into the finals because i was not used to using the gun i had to borrow. Chrono judges are too picky, and can be bastrds!! :mad: But this new rule stops all that, and allows me to go on field using the same marker im accustomed too, without fear of being pulled.
35 BUNKERS!! geez Liz, loooking forward to PA then :p :D
Anyways cyas at PA!! :cool:

DarWhooo!?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by DarWood
35 BUNKERS!! geez Liz, loooking forward to PA then :p :D
Anyways cyas at PA!! :cool:

DarWhooo!?
I will be standing on the sidelines at the PA, feeling jealous as fcuk at the lucky ba$tard$ who get to play on the packed out fields. No fair, want to PLAY!:(

Myth

Jason Wheeler
Feb 11, 2004
London
Visit site
Originally posted by Ben Frain

Furthermore, Jason, you shoot a Timmy correct? Do you believe that the speed of your gun is all down to your 'skill' on the trigger or a little assistance from the debounce settings?

Yes i do shoot a timmy, however i got it set-up so theres no assisting ramp or bounce whats so ever. I have fast enough fingers to shoot without it.. i have it on debounce 50 for goodness sake..

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Myth, the main reason that the 15bps rule is being introduced is to even the playing field. It's to stop people like you who practice and get an accruate and consistant 8-12bps being shot out by a fool who has ramping shooting 20bps.

In an ideal world the ramping guns with designer cheats would be caught and penalised but this is a very, very dificult task without an independant software engineer taking the marker away and sifting though thousands of lines of code. This means a player will be found innocent/guilty long after the end of the award ceremony.

The next best solution is to take away the advantage ramping gives and allow everyone the same luxury - capped at 15bps (chosen by goggle manufacturers as a safe limit). A marker firing faster than this is much easier to detect with multiple, hand held, fairly simple & cheap (much cheaper than a robot) audio devices.

On a side issue I'm also begining to think that this is another natural progression in the evolution of paintball. The ultimate goal must be to make the sport acceptable to the masses and get proper recognition, anything done to make paintball more exciting must be good. I think non-paintball spectators find markers flying much more exciting than sniping from the back corner.

I think the NXL has the right format for interesting TV viewing this includes crazy markers spitting out ropes of paint.

Myth

Jason Wheeler
Feb 11, 2004
London
Visit site
Yes good point but thing that is gonna p!$$ people of is that some people arnt tech-heads and wont be able to cap there gun unless it allows you in a setting, beacuse my timmy dosent have a setting i will have to send it to BLAST in america for a new special board or stick a egg on it which i really dont want to do.