Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

15bps rant

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by sykesg
Myth, the main reason that the 15bps rule is being introduced is to even the playing field. It's to stop people like you who practice and get an accruate and consistant 8-12bps being shot out by a fool who has ramping shooting 20bps.

In an ideal world the ramping guns with designer cheats would be caught and penalised but this is a very, very dificult task without an independant software engineer taking the marker away and sifting though thousands of lines of code. This means a player will be found innocent/guilty long after the end of the award ceremony.

The next best solution is to take away the advantage ramping gives and allow everyone the same luxury - capped at 15bps (chosen by goggle manufacturers as a safe limit). A marker firing faster than this is much easier to detect with multiple, hand held, fairly simple & cheap (much cheaper than a robot) audio devices.

On a side issue I'm also begining to think that this is another natural progression in the evolution of paintball. The ultimate goal must be to make the sport acceptable to the masses and get proper recognition, anything done to make paintball more exciting must be good. I think non-paintball spectators find markers flying much more exciting than sniping from the back corner.

I think the NXL has the right format for interesting TV viewing this includes crazy markers spitting out ropes of paint.
excellent post Gareth, couldn't have said it better myself!

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
To be honest m8 there's no fcuking way you can fire consitantly over 15bps without shot stacking, trigger assist etc etc so I wouldn't worry.

The reason people would want to accurately limit their marker at 15bps is because they are turning on their trigger assist.

SWEET N SOUR

ex-female feline
Jul 24, 2003
London
Visit site
So who is gonna check these things? a robot gonna pull the trigger? or a marshal, who has trained his fingers to go that fast? (the other threads are too long to try and find the answers)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by SWEET N SOUR
So who is gonna check these things? a robot gonna pull the trigger? or a marshal, who has trained his fingers to go that fast? (the other threads are too long to try and find the answers)
The answers to the questions you seek are in the other thread. We're not here to wipe botty's (or want the other thread re-gurgitated), best do a search.

This is the Rant about the 15bps cap, coz I can legally shoot faster or something thread. :rolleyes:

Intheno

People's Supermod
Sep 18, 2003
Chicago (South Side)
Visit site
I can outshoot 15bps easily. Have been able to since 1999.
While I get a lot of practice doing this, I am certainly not alone. LaSoya can certainly hit 17/18 in Semi, thats how he got his reputation back in the day when no-one else could do it. Come to think of it, it a world of capped ROF, players like that would not be able to stand out for being better with thier guns, and thats a crying shame.

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by Intheno
players like that would not be able to stand out for being better with thier guns, and thats a crying shame.
no............ the crying shame would be a two bit spotty kid out gunnin Mr LaSagne with a cheat board kickin 25Bps!

Myth

Jason Wheeler
Feb 11, 2004
London
Visit site
Even though its nice to see your gun ripping like mad i thought about it and maybe this rule might end up making players more skillfull, maybe it will make people not have to dominate with paint but to actually hit people with the first balls that come out of there guns? maybe or maybe not

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Myth
Even though its nice to see your gun ripping like mad i thought about it and maybe this rule might end up making players more skillfull, maybe it will make people not have to dominate with paint but to actually hit people with the first balls that come out of there guns? maybe or maybe not
That's not much of a rant, Myth. ;)