Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

16 yr old starting up ~help~ ^.^

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
Cardboard box alongside M53
Affirmative, Dont buy a gat simply because someone says its the dogs doodahs. Go to a tournament/walkon and ask some if you can have a hold of thier gat and see how it feels.

Remember everyone has different preferences :)

andyrik

Extreme ioner
For tourney ball, its a whole different ball game. As said before, dont expect to get streight into a team. Practice, practice practice. You probably have a lot to learn.

Depending on where you live will depend on what options you have. You may be best to go to newbie days such as them at Northen Quarters, just so you can get experience and a feeling to the game amd learn the VERY important basics along the way.

It may be best if you play tournament ball before you buy all the stuff ( if j20 skirmish is woodsball that is, im not entirely sure) so you dont spend loads of money and then decide you dont like the game.

Again, it would be handy to know where you live so we can give you more details.

AnDy

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
You should be able to get on a team straight away with the right kind of attitude. If there are teams out there that wont take new, keen, eager and motivated players on just because they are inexperienced, they should be ashamed of themselves. Established teams have a duty to encourage new players in to the sport and to offer them the time and effort required to train them up effectively.

jknight15

I piss nitroglycerin
Feb 3, 2007
Cardboard box alongside M53
Oh and since you have that kind of budget, dont be tempted to run out and buy something like an SL74 just for the sake of it being the best thing around (sexy as they may be) :p

Get something like a 2nded PMR or even an Etek for your 1st gat and use that for a while, when you feel you need something a little better then you can upgrade your gat or you can work your way up to something like an Ego6 or Ego7 (Shocker NXT possibly?)

But like I said in my 1st post, try any gats you are considering buying before you hand the cash over as you could end up buying something that looks good to you but feels horrible in your hands. There are plenty of people at tournys/walkons that will let you have a little feel with thier markers, but make sure you ask them 1st :rolleyes:

Hope that helps mate :)

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Let the guy buy what he wants man.

To be honest mate i would go to a tournament or training site and ask about what is a good marker then ask to have a go their will be loads of players that would help you out mate.

But what i always think is if you have that kind of money but some thing that doesnt cost a fortune to upgrade because if you buy the lower end of the market guns then you will spend most of your time and money just buying parts for it so you can compete with other guns.

Nuff said,

Bunker_the_wolf

The paintballing puppy
Ok mate, im the same but ive only been playing (seriously) since me 17th birthday, so a few months.

I've hung about the practice fields for a while and just played with the rabble, i havnt been down there enough to drawn any attention to scouters or teams who are willing to join yet. But, i suggest you go down there and borrow some of their gear at first, ive found most use ions for rental which i find to be a very good starting marker, personally ive found that its fine out the box...but many people say to get a better barrel (Freak kit, mini/junior; i forget which, and a new feedneck, also if you get the chance a firebolt for better air effeciency).

I just have a stock ion and get on with it happily, also i've used an invert mini, if your willing to spend a little more than an ion for £150 go for the mini, round about £200 from what ive seen.

Air systems, i managed to get one that can handle about 1000 shots and more for about £150 from my local training grounds.

Hope this helps

Ironkid

Hoffman Minex
Mar 15, 2006
Leicestershire
well ive been paintballing at j2o skirmish twice once for my bday and once for a freinds . l go shooting all the time with my air rifles.. and i enjoy ... guns :cool: :D so i need some info .. canact details on eams to join .. i have around £1500 +to sped on gear .. all help appreatiated

Isnt that site in leicester?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
well ive been paintballing at j2o skirmish twice once for my bday and once for a freinds . l go shooting all the time with my air rifles.. and i enjoy ... guns :cool: :D so i need some info .. canact details on eams to join .. i have around £1500 +to sped on gear .. all help appreatiated
don't spend anything just yet. find a team in your local area, go and watch them train or compete, ask if you can try their markers and see which one you like best.

then go and buy one! asides from that, don't let anyone talk you into spending that amount of money on gear alone, it simply won't be worth it.

£500 will buy you a very good setup second hand, £750 will probably get you a top end current marker, air and loader.

these forums are a great source of information on all things paintball, and you will soon find your way about.

anything you need more info on feel free to pm me, if i don't know, i will know someone who does......

good luck