Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2 all back players!

Bunka Monky

Oct 2, 2002
www.ukpaintball.co.uk
As a front player i don thave a clue but trying to teach my back plaayers a thing or 2 i was just wondering?!?!

is it best to

A) shoot your lane and lay your paint down then quickly sprint to your primary EG back left or back right.

or

B)shoot your lane and throw your paint while your moving to your baricade??!!??

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I think it's one of those things that can depend on the circumstances, e.g. field layout, opposition, number of players etc. Sometimes it's better to stand and shoot (better accuracy) then sprint to your primary once the middies are in to give the cover, sometimes to move (slowly) towards the barricade while shooting, and sometimes to have some backs doing each. E.g. in 7-man if you have one big central back coke can or similar and 2 very wide out back corner bunkers, you may wish to have the centre back standing & shooting before stepping in, while the corner guys shoot on the move. If you're going to push 2-3 fronts up onto the 50 on the break, you'll want to do things differently to when you are all going for a short break.
One thing you should very rarely see is the backs sprinting for their cover firing wildly in the rough direction of the opposition!:eek: The moment I see that happening, I know I can concentrate on taking out the other team's fronts or mids without any worries that my own guys are going to get hit, and usually by the time the oppositions have made their positions even with them running, my own mids should be able to give me enough cover to get in myself.

Greg

Banned
Jul 9, 2001
Campaign aka me home
what i think is one of the best ideas is to shoot one line of paint at game on. and then run to your back if playing in one of the corners and then sweetspot from there. back centre plyers should just walk in whilst shooting. and most mids can also shoot off the break and then run to there primary.

Kyle

McD

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
This one definatley depends on field layout and if its a 5 / 7 or 10 man the tactics for each vary so the question is a retorical one ( i know i cant spell) ;)

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
definately depends on the field...

center backs can shoot/ blind shoot (tommy ;) )while moving into their bunker whereas tape backs could do either...i wouldn't really reccomend stopping in the open unless you can find some kind of blind spot to the other backs...i always make a point of checking for stationary spotters on the other team because they are pretty much sitting ducks if i can catch them unawares...

Half-Pint

Underground
Jun 18, 2002
i say the backs should empty their hoppers off the bat, so if they are pacin and shootin, then run when they're empty. (thats about three steps for you innit robin?) obviously, you still want them to be lookin and shoutin positions.

Hp

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Defininately don't try to sprinting and firing, or even just sprinting to your bunker, you are no use to your team if you are playing the outer back bunkers and you do either.