Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

20 Constructive Posts???

Dodga

Jul 17, 2013
Cheshunt/Wormley
I recently wanted to make an offer on some gear a guy had posted in the For Sale section but yet I realised I couldn't post? I have been informed that I have to post 20 constructive posts before I can reply on the for gale threads but what exactly is meant buy constructive posts???

All help is appreciated!!!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Basically don't just come on and spam every thread with 'that's cool' every few seconds
People understand that there are people on here mostly for buying and selling, the rule is in place because of some recent problems

It's not up to me but your posts look reasonable, you're not far from 20 and you didn't join 5 minutes before posting a count of 20

Dodga

Jul 17, 2013
Cheshunt/Wormley
Thanks to both of you for the information, just feel like all the action goes on in those forums but I cant be apart of it yet! haha

Thanks anyway

nutz247

Nov 3, 2009
near windsor
I've on this forum for years but I'm more of a reader than a poster so I have now fallen foul of this rule but I see the logic in it.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I've on this forum for years but I'm more of a reader than a poster so I have now fallen foul of this rule but I see the logic in it.
Of course I know exactly who you are :)

With an established history i think the powers that be are slightly more lenient on a good quantity of posts to get the count up

So what's your name (Shane) where are you from, what's you paintball experience (lots), what's your style (bringer of paint waking directly at the opposition), are you a loner or team player , how long have you been playing in our team,

I might be ruining your chances to post things!

Whack up some tech tips and you'll fill the forum!

Bobrob

eat, sleep, play paintball, repeat
Aug 28, 2013
Rotherham
Don't know what is constructive is so I just join in and hope for the best. Have noticed that if you have a question it has already been asked usually a number of times but.the thing to do is ask again especially if your question hasn't been asked in a while as there will be someone wondering the same thing and there are plenty of members that are kind enough to keep repeating themselves lol

o back to the point of the thread I personally think you can't get enough security and 20 posts isn't enough think should be up near 50 as if you come on and comment in a few threads a day this can be done in less than a month. This would also help ppl new to the sport to make an informed decision about the gear there looking for don't understand any post saying this is a negative because yes I would prefer not to sprain my trigger finger typing but getting ripped off would be even worse don't you think?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
50? There's plenty of people having spats over needing 20, (let alone the 10 that is was first put at)!

Bear in mind though there can be no guarantee. Sales can go wrong even when no one is being devious

There are a few methods used by forums to put a control in place but its always buyer (and seller) beware

Both seller & buyer use PayPal protection, don't dodge fees
Communicate the deal openly in the thread, use pms for the personal info
be wary of PayPal policy on guns (so think about it if buying a gun, funds could get locked)
Use insured and tracked postage (unless you are happy to lose the money for the saving)
Check postage policies (don't use royal mail for cylinders anymore)

Use the forum policies to make things smooth & use the above for protection

Bobrob

eat, sleep, play paintball, repeat
Aug 28, 2013
Rotherham
50? There's plenty of people having spats over needing 20, (let alone the 10 that is was first put at)!

Bear in mind though there can be no guarantee. Sales can go wrong even when no one is being devious

There are a few methods used by forums to put a control in place but its always buyer (and seller) beware

Both seller & buyer use PayPal protection, don't dodge fees
Communicate the deal openly in the thread, use pms for the personal info
be wary of PayPal policy on guns (so think about it if buying a gun, funds could get locked)
Use insured and tracked postage (unless you are happy to lose the money for the saving)
Check postage policies (don't use royal mail for cylinders anymore)

Use the forum policies to make things smooth & use the above for protection
But thats my point I just dont understand the hissy fitts the more the better and as an added point to your list also do a bit of back ground readind into the member yoyr dealing with and read some of there posts

nutz247

Nov 3, 2009
near windsor
Of course I know exactly who you are :)

With an established history i think the powers that be are slightly more lenient on a good quantity of posts to get the count up

So what's your name (Shane) where are you from, what's you paintball experience (lots), what's your style (bringer of paint waking directly at the opposition), are you a loner or team player , how long have you been playing in our team,

I might be ruining your chances to post things!

Whack up some tech tips and you'll fill the forum!
Tom if you hadn't recognised my pic I would of been worried as I think you took it but I can't remember I was a bit drunk.