Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

20 years since we first played hyperball

avituk

UK Angel Owner
Next year will be the 20th anniversary of the beginning of the tourney paintball we all know today. i may be wrong but our lovely head honcho Pete Robinson was there on the the day back in 1997.

i am just wondering if anything is being organised to commemorate it. at least replicate the feild somewhere so we can run through the drainage pips one more time while loosing the shrouds of the front of our cockers while the refs who looked like they just got released from county lock up and player looked like they were dressed by joe blogs from cheatham hill

the good old days still burnt in the old memory banks

Hyperball is the future!!!!!!

Reactions: Stan

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
It was 1996 :)
The first hyperball was used in a mix of woodlands and hyperball tourney and it was used in orlando at the world cup for some matches, then in 1997 he first world hyperball world cup was held.
The Preds won the first hyperball world cup by the way :)

Reactions: Stan and avituk

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
avituk, your avatar is super-cool. That's Elizabeth. To be honest, we never really figured out if Elizabeth was a girl or a boy. She was a genuine Andromeda, which of course we thought was awesome.
Made for some very interesting photo-shoots...

Reactions: avituk

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
The actual hyperball field is now located at Skirmish Notts from what I know but with a different field layout.
Played it a few times when Bully ran his series 2000 events back in the day.....wasn't for me personally.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
96 was the mixed event, woods and Hyperball, won by the Preds. I remember NAM were pissed because they did not get to play the Hyperball field. To play that field you were not allowed to wear camo. All they had was camo...

97 was all Hyperball. I think Banzai won that one. Ledz and Jacko were shooting prototype Angels at the event.

Who can tell me who the world class pundit/commentator was on the Hyperball video?

Reactions: Spikerz

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
96 was the mixed event, woods and Hyperball, won by the Preds. I remember NAM were pissed because they did not get to play the Hyperball field. To play that field you were not allowed to wear camo. All they had was camo...

97 was all Hyperball. I think Banzai won that one. Ledz and Jacko were shooting prototype Angels at the event.

Who can tell me who the world class pundit/commentator was on the Hyperball video?
Tom Clarke-Hill. No, I've never heard of him either.

Didn't they do one of the Hyperball events because the Mayhem Masters was cancelled that year?

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com

96 we didn't win the hyperball/woods event, we did win the first hyperball only event though in 1997. the 96 one was the one that was televised and I think either the shades or banzai won it.
We (preds) definitely won the first hyperbal world cup though in 1997. bart won an eclipse autococker for being the player of the event.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
The one thing wrong with the video on youtube is that the date is wrong, The preds in that video were wearing cammo, and on the sunday, black and drab olive tops rushed to us by titan which we wore in 1996, in 1997 we had switched sponsors and used JT racing pants and Zap tops.
I think this is why there is so much confusion over the hyperball event. It was definitely 1996 for the woods and hyperball, and 1997 for the hyperball world cup.
Between myself and Dave Spittal we have every picture or article ever printed in all magazines of the preds. 1910283_1101312285927_6117569_n.jpg

Reactions: RST