Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2000+ years old

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I see, the visible evolution of all other species doesn't apply? Actually, nevermind.

EDIT:This sounds far too condesending and that wasn't my intent. I just think I've had my fill of dicussing religion and creation.
The interesting part for me is historical religion, as in the changes that have been made over the years. I think an extremely poor job has been done managing religious branding. The Christians in particular. Didn't Pope Clementine decide on a change in the bible that immortalised Jesus as the son of God, in order to elevate the Christian faith above the Muslim and Jewish faiths? Once/if you accept this history, as documented, then the Christian religion falls apart for me, because unless you believe that Christ was the actual Son of God, born to a virgin, and that he rose from the dead, then you can't actually be a Christian, right?
I wonder if Clementine had known at the time that this would be a distinction that prevented many from entering this religion, if he would have made that edit?

If you consider that this was a change, and that before the change, Jesus was a mortal 'prophet', its much easier to reconcile the various religions into a cohesive global religion, with one God, and one prophet (with different names in different languages - there were many at the time). This starts making some historical sense.
I have the hardest time with being told I am going to burn in hell for not believing Jesus was a demi-god, knowing that this wasn't even the original message of the Bible. People have run with the brand, during a time of very little education, and now I feel it's time to rationalise. It won't happen, but it should, at least in my opinion.

No offense to all you religious nutball-freaks out there, obviously...

Klue

Sep 7, 2010
So, where is Buddha? And Allah? and the 6 armed chick the other ones worship? All religions have their "guide" to living and their "Gods". It's just something to do to have something to look forward to.

Skeet

Platinum Member
That is a common misconception about the teachings of the bible, Adam and Eve were only a metaphor, it was a story used by Jesus to show how sin was devised by adam eating the fruit of the tree (greed) which was condemned by God, as the snake (representing the devil) told adam how fantastic the fruit would be, and because of this action Adam and Eve's eyes were opened to what was arround them and realised that they were Naked, this is called Original Sin
Or, it was a story used by "those who sought power" to show that NOT doing as you are told, get's you in trouble, in their book.

"The Devil", representing "free thought", suggested Adam might want to try learning something from the Tree of Knowledge. Because they were curious beings, they ate from the tree and gained knowledge. They created clothes to make themselves feel individual. They were not ashamed of their nakedness. On seeing their new clothes, "God" realised that he was in trouble, with some free thinkers in his perfect community...so he chucked them out.
This is called "Originality Sin".