Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2003 ICD BKO vs Impulse

pballplayer35

Firepower Engineer
Dec 13, 2003
Yorktown, Virginia
Visit site
If you have used a 2003 ICD BKO and a 2003 Impulse how do you think they compare, in means of performance? Is the Impulse worth twice as much as the BKO? I own an Impulse and know how great they are, but it seems like everyone thinks highly of the BKO also.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
BKO is about par with a non vision impulse. Maybe a little bit better(more efficient, lighter) but is capped at 18cps(smaller solenoid).

Not sure of price comparisons at the moment. Will probably be better if you try the BKO before going out and buying one.

stark

Apr 25, 2003
London, UK
tamber.com
Shot a 2003 Impulse got a BKO. BKO is the way to go.

I can get 15 rps from stock, the BKO's solenoid is only 2 way so you'll be hitting its max rate of fire at about 17. Its prolly worth getting a few upgrades for your BKO:

SP mod - mechanical anti-chop
Volumiser - Mitey Max or Vapor
Vapor valve

The volumiser and valve will double gas efficiency. The SP will stop you from chopping when you out shoot your egg :)

Stock regs on the BKO are ok but not great. If you want to make it super smooth get a MacDev Gladiator (will need to replace the ASA bock with the 'standardised' Zentiram block) and a Palmer micro-rock. You'll be shooting +/- 2 fps.

The only problems I've had with it are the regs are very sensitive to dirt. Basically they need cleaning after a day of use.

I'll be at the walk-on in Maidenhead this weekend. If your arround give us a shot and you can do a coupel of games with the BKO....

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Forget the volumiser, waste of money, and wait until next year and you can get one with an inline lpr.

Also comes with latest, smaller hpr.

Chaos board(2k3), vapor valve, vapor bolt and then lower the pressure with springs and lpr/hpr settings.

stark

Apr 25, 2003
London, UK
tamber.com
Hey Philip got a link to any info about the 2004 BKO?

Also vapor bolt is only worth getting if you are having blow back problems IMO. Tantrum bolt may be worth getting but its $60