Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2009 Millennium (Rule) Changes

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
still wondering if we'll be playing 10-15 games in malaga? ;)
Dave, the announcement is not too well worded on that point, but I think I have worked out what is going on, along with clarification from Baca

Can somebody please explain what format D3/M5 is playing?

10-15 prelims, race 2 (how many points ffs) Is that 6 teams, each meet each other in a race t2 - 2 points? (5 matches x 2/3 points = 10-15 games). That's my guess, but the above explanation is as clear as mud!

48 teams/6 = 8 groups, so AM1 & AM2 could consist of up to 8 qualifying teams, 4 x 1/4 finals (knockout) 2 x Semi final 1x final in each group. (I assume a 3rd place play off for the semi-final loosers too).

I also assume that the finalists from each group don't meet for a play off?

So, D3/M5 is now a multi-point format, with a rof of 10bps, or have I got that all wrong?
Syd: It appears that only applies to Paris.
Freddie: Paris results don't count toward MS series title.
Onasilverbike: you are correct. Race 2-2 plays each opponent in a best of three games.

ROF: 10 is too low for the upper divisions and (hopefully) there will be a revolt if the PSP tries it next year.

Pins: Are excellent bunkers depending on how they are used.

If the MS is hoping that Paris will attract U.S. pro teams by being an open event the timing is very poor. PSP Chicago ends the previous weekend. That would force teams to go directly to Paris and allow for very little or no practice time on the event layout. We have a big open window in our PSP schedule and an open MS event in the middle of that would, I think, attract some interest--we talked about the possibility as soon as we heard we were going to four events with the current dates Paris would be tough to do.

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
OK got my head around most of that, but clarification on gun rules as always.

Ramp kick in : ?
Ramp sustain : ?
Max ROF : 10bps ( in all divisions )
First three shots still semi : ?

And clarification on the advancing teams in the locked groups, with the top teams playing the finals matches to decide the winner does that mean the team that qualifies second in each group CANNOT win the competion overall ?

Laters :)

Juice

Mar 26, 2002
Finland
www.tuovila.net
No barrel socks are counted as safety related
Do I get this right, so leaving/dropping barrel sock equals elimination, but leaving/dropping a hat, pants, shoe, pod belt is ok?

In my opinion this allows people to drop items to block caps/holes in bunkers, or does it?
And when you accidentally drop your barrel sock from your pocket during moves your are eliminated... ?

Bngi

Brutal Deluxe
Sep 9, 2005
helsingborg
Visit site
Do I get this right, so leaving/dropping barrel sock equals elimination, but leaving/dropping a hat, pants, shoe, pod belt is ok?

In my opinion this allows people to drop items to block caps/holes in bunkers, or does it?
And when you accidentally drop your barrel sock from your pocket during moves your are eliminated... ?

What has stopped people from doing that with empty pods?

Theres nothing new about the 'no barrelsock = elimination' rule to my knowledge. But im pretty sure that refs havent been enforcing it too strongly.

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
OF COURSE you can´t leave safety related equipment behind (mask, barrel sock or whatever) - it´s obviously for safety reasons you have them in the first place, why is that so hard to understand ?

mts7891

Getting wiser by the day
Jul 21, 2008
Stafford
they seem to be dropping the ROF by 2 bps every year, what next?
soon we will be ditching markers and throwing the god damned balls at each other.