Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2009 Millennium (Rule) Changes

rayko

WTD UK: BNIB Dream...
Do I get this right, so leaving/dropping barrel sock equals elimination, but leaving/dropping a hat, pants, shoe, pod belt is ok?

In my opinion this allows people to drop items to block caps/holes in bunkers, or does it?
And when you accidentally drop your barrel sock from your pocket during moves your are eliminated... ?
I'm certain the rule is to reduce the amount of over zealous 1-4-1s on players for losing things like speedfeeds and crowns after making moves, and leaving broken barrel tips behind which have broken off after hitting the ground hard.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
OK got my head around most of that, but clarification on gun rules as always.

Ramp kick in : ?
Ramp sustain : ?
Max ROF : 10bps ( in all divisions )
First three shots still semi : ?

And clarification on the advancing teams in the locked groups, with the top teams playing the finals matches to decide the winner does that mean the team that qualifies second in each group CANNOT win the competion overall ?

Laters :)
Millennium Website said:
In a move to come closer to a world wide standard of rules and procedures and as discussed at the CPL/SPL team owners meeting in Amsterdam, the MS will adopt the same ROF cap (10bps) as used in the PSP. The rules will be updated shortly by following wording of rule ''10.01 Markers''

- The first 3 shots must be semi-auto mode only.
- Markers will be limited to a ROF of 10 balls per second (in 2009 actually 10.5 bps), defined as no two consecutive shots may be timed shorter than 95ms apart (reading on ROF meter of 10.5 bps or less = legal; reading on ROF meter of 10.6 bps or higher = illegal).
- Ramping of shots will be allowed only once 5 bps has been achieved. Then the marker may ramp to 10 bps, but only as long as the 5 bps is continually maintained. Once the trigger is stopped to be activated, only one single additional shot may be discharged.

Clarification: the 5 bps for start/sustain ramping dose not need to be hit physically, it refers to the time delay between trigger activations, which must be at least the equivalent to 5 bps. So a marker may start to ramp up to 10 bps, if (after the first three shots being in semi-auto only) the time delay between 3rd and 4th trigger activation is less than 200ms.
Surprised you hadn't checked out the Mill site Marco!

rmills

Jul 20, 2006
so if I have his right it is mill ramp with 10.5bps this year and will drop to 10 bps next

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Are they trying to stop players getting shot off the break or something? Trees + 10bps cap is gonna make getting to your primary significantly easier. As for lowering costs, we'll be spending more gunfighting players we should've got off the break. Could be fun though, let's see how it plays out.

kLoWn

Jul 12, 2008
Practiced with it 10.5 the last 3 weeks, it's a bit slower but we're learning to adjust.