Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2013 Referees....

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Hi all,

Some of you might already be aware that this season we're running a referee program, with the first clinic being held on the 24th March at a location near the CPPS (ST19 5PH).

The clinic will be run by some the UK's top Euro refs, and will be a cost of £6. For this you will receive your own referee log book, which will allow us to keep track of your days reffed at CPPS as well as at other events. We want to try to build and develop our referee pool in the UK and give them a stepping stone to perhaps being invited to ref a Millennium event in the future.

The clinic will cover Millennium rules (as used at the CPPS), the interpretation of those rules, as well as situational based analysis and implementation of these rules. In a nutshell, everything you need and more to start your journey as a tournament paintball referee. The job is tough, but we want to reward and support our referees as much as possible and are working on some pretty cool ideas to do this.

At the first CPPS event you ref following this first clinic, you will be refunded £5 of the £6 cost, the £1 basically paying for your log book.

If you are interested, please drop me an email at ainsley@okpb.co.uk for more information.

Ainsley

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
The date is now set: 24th March from 10am-1pm at Rodbaston College.

This will be held in a classroom on campus. Limited spaces available, so please email me for more information and to book in.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
2 questions: since every division has its own field now, will there be no opportunity to play and ref on the same day?

if that is possible though, would you be interested in skyping the class if it is classroom based only? cheeky i know but hey, nobody likes us scottish anyway :D

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Hey buddy.....

No and I'll explain why. Whilst it might be handy for some to play/ref, we feel this is counter-productive for what we want to achieve in the long term . People pay a lot of hard earned cash to play, so we want to give them the best possible experience, and to us, that includes more game time (afternoon sessions we often rushed), and have refs who want to be there making the calls on the day. We really want to help develop those refs as much as we can and not just have people dropping in and out on the day around that "core".....so we're simply expanding that core :)

Leave the skype thing with me......I have a meeting with the college tomorrow so I'll see what we have in terms of internet access etc ;)

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Working on it......we have a meeting tomorrow with some of those involved so hopefully be able to work something out. Will post up with details as soon as I know ;)

Reactions: cambojnr

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
What I would like to see - and I doubt there will be enough refs with suitably experienced ones to make it work - is a system where we have one set of refs reffing AM, and a fresh set reffing PM.

I say this because reffing a 7-8 hour day is hard work - it's difficult to get it 100% right over 8 hours.

Better to have 2 ref lineups - like 2 Xball lineups.

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
One thing this year is that all teams are starting in the morning and finishing in the afternoon - ie no am/pm sessions which always resulted in delays and teams hanging around until 5/6pm who had long journeys home (another reason for building the 2 new fields).

Due to this, it also means that there won't be players reffing the events (not a bad thing). However, this obviously results us in getting X amount of refs to manage 5 fields...... extremely difficult to double that number just to get am/pm refs.....also, a lot of refs travel from quite far anyway, so not really much point in driving for over an hour to only ref for 3 hours for half the money.

What I can say is that the refs will be well looked after on the day......breakfasts, lunches and drinks all provided to keep them on their toes ;)