Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2016/17 Offseason Rumours, Gossip, Shens.....and maybe some stuff that's true

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Means at least 1 spot maybe 2 for sale...will a team like PPArena come out of left field and buy a spot...or will they just pick from the SPL folks. I think they'll sell the spots. I'd love to see a scratch team buy the spot for the fun.

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
NXL increases to 6 events but first one is stand alone and no Series points are earned.

Feb 11th-12th Kissimmee (Old Town) Florida

March 17th-19th Vegas
May 5th-7th Dallas
June 23rd-25th Atlantic City
September 8th-10th Chicago
November 2nd-5th Kissimmee (World Cup)

Last edited:

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
First time in Atlantic City? Gonna be hot as hell there and humid.

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Heat pick up Nico Hyde and Devan Stuart.
Monville playing again for them.

If Heat don't play the Mills, do they offer up their spot for sale, or do they take Ramstein Instinct up from SPL.

Rob Velez leaves Aftershock. Some massive roster changes for them.
Initially it belongs to Heat to sell and new team would need to change the name.However if no takers appear it returns to mills .

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
Would be interesting to see if they do sell it. They've had links with fivestar lleida. My guess would be them to purchase the spot if its up for grabs.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
5 star is doing tryouts for SPL/Div1/Div 2 teams, they may very well try and buy up a spot. That'd be cool to see.

Are there any major teams that shoot Luxe's in SPL? Their market share amongst the top teams would seem to be shrinking if I look at it from a purely sponsorship view of what gets on the pro field/and on the web cast. It's just TonTons and Heat that I can think off...everyone else is DYE, Planet Eclipse and some MacDev teams.

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Thought they were all SP/Shockers.
SP and Luxe ,all part of the same .Outcast shot Luxe and the released Shocker. 5 star have the cash .They employ 3 US pros .Both teams came over a week early for this year's CCup...............still sucked. They have been throwing cash at their franchise for several years .GB team trained pre Nations Cup in 2015 .They had as many coaching and pit staff as GB had players .The SPL Tigers chopped them up . It's the Lasheras family I think since 2 of them have been ever present . IMO Disruption and 15's both better teams ,just not the budget of 5 star.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Yea I know there's a SP/DLX connection, didn't know how strict they had to adhere to a platform or not.

I bet they'll lose Monville now with him back playing for Heat, and with Ryan Smith coaching for Heat, don't think he'll be back either. Leaving just Tim. They may pick up new guys though.