Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

2nd gun?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
No, Colorado has been part of the US for a while now. I think we were part of Spain before that... not too sure. Many of the people here are from the UK, though, since that's where the magazine is published from.

$11 for 500 is about average here, too, I think.

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Originally posted by Gyroscope
As I recall, anything over 8-10 inches is unnecessary from an accuracy point of view. That sounds short, I realize. You get some air efficiency benefits up to 12-14 inches. I use a slightly longer barrel (16) so that I can push around my bunker with it. I would actually get more shots per tank with a slightly shorter barrel, but I don't like the balls to skip off the side of my own bunker when I am tight.
6/8" to push,4" to guide as a rule,but ive always found 14" best:)

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Originally posted by Stunt4Life
lol,
lets say im going with a few buddies to a local place (urban assulat) to play some paintball against eachouther and i have a gun that is capable of 30+bps and a hoppwer capable or 100+bps
i say wake up breakfast:)

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
a) Spyders kick like mules.

b) You will find that at 30 bps, that sucker is gonna chop paint like crazy.

c) Getting 10 bps where you want them is much more effective than 20 with breaks.

d) Ions work pretty well. They max at I think 17, which is more than enough.

e) Rate of fire is very important, but it isn't the end all be all. Reliable cycling without breaks, consistent velocity, and light kick all come in handy.

f) Qloaders might feed 70 bps, but no gun can match that in complete cycles, so it is mostly a gimick. Also, you can feed a regular hopper while still shotting at someone's lane, and with a Qloader, you have a frequent break in your shooting.

g) Most people cannot pull the trigger faster than about 12 for any length of time. 15 is the maximum allowed rof for PSP tournaments, which allow ramping. Most local tournies don't have the means to police rof, but they will tell people PSP or NPPL gun rules, in general.

h) No field owner is going to be cool with you lighting up rec players at over 15 bps.

i) There are far more important things to be concerned with, like playing tight, running and shooting, shooting at a field length accurately, sliding, snap shooting, and remembering to tie your shoe laces before the game starts.

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
Also, dont believe everything you read on the biox..

Example:- Y Boarded Egg says 17+ BPS on the box (i think)...

in actual fact its closer to 14 BPS tops..

some of these top end statements are peak, (like on hoppers) and on some guns, (like the Spyder sayin 30 on the box)
is actually peak cycle rate, as i can honestly say, no paint would take that kinda abuse as it wouldnt load fast enough into the chamber without the bolt choppin it..

Also, assuming (physics outa the way..) it could actually fire at 30 BPS, not many loaders could do that, even Halos & reloader B's only do about 20 BPS If i remember correctly..

ROF isnt that important, especially if your in the Rec ball scene..
if your gat does 10 or more, thats more than enough..

As your an Airsofter, you will find paintball is a different game in many respects..

ROF isnt as important, and the FPS of the "Ammo" in paintball is much less.. (i hate to imagine what 2 seconds of 30 BPS 500 FPS paintballs shot Airsoft stylee would do to someone..)