The Home Of European Paintball

3.5 oz co2 tanks

cliffords the man

Aug 26, 2008
Buckinghamshire
hey guys,

WHERE WHERE WHERE can i get one ?

I have seen them all of over the states,

but they have different tests on their tanks so it wouldnt be legal.

OR im willing to pay a nice price to anyone that has one or more :)

thanks,
clifford

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
They are all DOT tested, but they fall under the "2 inch diameter rule" where they don't require retesting. No clarification has been given for wether we can assume they'll be legal to fill in the UK or not.

bracemeister

Nov 29, 2008
on a slight tangent- but still related ,i'm guessing this applies to the 13cu in hpa tanks as well? I read somewhere that this means they can't be filled commercially in the uk. this would suggest that, as long as you are filling your own from a scuba tank, its the decision of the site owner whether or not these small tanks can be used.:confused: ????
Or are there insurance issues? Really hope someone can shed some light on these grey areas!!

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Just found this place selling an 8ci tank, which I think is 3.5oz, for 35 euros plus 25 euro postage - I've e-mailled to check the markings.

http://www.paintball-shop.eu/

Not cheap but I might have finally found one so we can stop having this 2" rubbish arguement every 6 months (I actually checked this a while back and the reply I got was that there was no retest required on bottles under 1/2 litre water capacity).

Trouble with the "no retest" exemption is that I'm sure you'd need a test in the first place and any bottle you found with the correct marks on would be out of its overall life by now.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
You can buy 13ci HPA (or smaller) tanks in Europe Pi stamped

I'm corresponding with one shop via email to fix a price shipped to UK

Bandwagon

Goldfish69 Photography
I really do wish a Mod would sticky a statement at the top of every thread section. Even better, add a line to the sign up page for the forum. Along the lines of...

Any safe, trusted and insured site / shop in the UK will ONLY fill a bottle (air or Co2) if it meets 3 criteria. They are;

1 - It has a European safety stamp in the form of the PI mark.

2 - It is within the test date, which MUST be factory stamped on the bottle. (Or laminated in the case of a retest).

3 - It meets with the site owners approval.

If your bottle, or a bottle you think you want to buy does not meet with the above - don't buy it, use it or bring it to a paintball site.

Point 3 is of course entirely at the sites discretion. They may stop you from using a bottle which has a deep scratch, a dent, a loose reg, a bent fill nipple, smells of WD40 or it's ilk or has been repainted - one of any number of reasons really.

Just remember: Don't argue it. The only reason that is truly important is that the site is telling you that 'this' bottle is unsafe for the protection of it's staff, it's customers and you !

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
There are diferent regulations for 2 inch CO2 bottles and 2 inch air bottles.

2 inch CO2 bottles do not need Euro stamps as they allow DOT standards. They also do not carry test dates.

2 inch air bottles must be Euro stamped and tested however.

What I will say is that is that I have retired all my 2 inch CO2 bottles because of their age and I ended up going for the new fatter 9oz bottles which have full euro stamping. Better safe than sorry.

Also the 2 inch air bottles have very disapointing performance, I ran one out before I emptied a 200 shot hopper.