Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

3 man tactics

Alan Smith

***-for-life
As a general strategy this is what I would look to do:

Get the three of you to form a nice line across the field, in strong primary barricades. Use your left and right players to control the tapes, your mid player will generally have the freedom to move switching pressure from one side of the field to the other.

What you are looking for is a weakness in the other team or a particular strength in the field layout. You need to hold the width on the field whilst either moving to the strongest position or exploring your opponents weakness.

If you have found a particularly strong bunker through your field walking set you team up with two guy's holding the width and supporting the third to the killer bunker.

If you are looking for a weakness in the other team you need to try and isolate one of their players, either they are out on a tape on their own or isolated in a front bunker. Move your players and paint to enable you team to eliminate them. Once your one up do the same thing again isolate and pressure one of their players to make the elimination.

If you lose a player first or are up against two players remember how strong a crossed up two man defence can be. Don't just go wading in, keep your head!

Also control over the tapes is critical if you can take out one of the tape guy's with a bunker move or run through capitalise quickly raping round to finish the game off.

Control and Aggression simple as!

Cheers,

Alan................

Alan Smith

***-for-life
In our team we have two favourite words 'control and aggression' as I mentioned above. Many coaches and players will tell you to concentrate on the quick kill being ultimately reactive seizing the moment to finish the game. These sentiments are correct but only when you have control. To rush in individually is to risk all! A good opposition will stay calm, lock up and make eliminations against you.

Sure individually one player can win a 3 on 3 by making a great move but this is a team game and that player wont succeed every time. The real key is for your players to act as a team responsive to the in game situations. If one of you spots the critical elimination and the opportunity to finish the game he/she needs to let your players know what’s happening. For example a simple call like 'Back left only' is all your players need to know to allow them to slip into auto and finish the game as a team.

When watching great teams they appear more aggressive than patient because they attack fast and with total commitment, this is because they have learnt the patient team play, perfected it and as a result speed it up. They are being patient just very fast because they understand the situation, recognize it from a thousand times before and react in the correct way.

In short learn all the tactics and individual skills you can to become the most competitive player you can be but the real test is how you team operates together!

Alan...................

Dragons' Frontguy

Bling Bling..
Feb 17, 2003
Aalborg Denmark
www.teamdragons.dk
Thanks again Alan. I'm with control and aggression. What I meant to ask was, do you think aggressive play is superior to technoball in 3-man, with every player being so valuable?
We are a controlled agressive team by nature....

Also there is centerflag....

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
i've just played one today. what we tried to do is to find a key back-bunker which elimination opened a lot of options. we tried to eliminate the opponent player there on the break or tried to concentrate high volume fire on him in the first seconds to kill him. then we could use blindspots to walk through the middle and the other tape.