Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

3 markers. . . .but which one?

pballer

Feb 28, 2002
Superior, Wisconsin
Visit site
I'm new to the game and I'm buying a new marker. I have three choices.

1. Spyder Shutter
2. CORE Sharc
3. PI E-1 Black Dragun

Which one is best for a beginner and overall which one will last the longest?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Well, I have never used any of those markers, but from what I've seen around me, I can tell you this.
Any Spyder is a good marker to start out with. They are pretty well made, have a good service back-up, and are very upgradeable, since upgrades and add ons are readily available from most paintball suppliers.
The Core Sharc I have never heard of, much less seen in action, so I can't tell you anything about it.
The Black Dragun, from what I understand is also pretty well made, but has very few bells and whistles (meaning gadgets that'll look the part, but won't add anything to your game). What's cool about that marker is that it has an electronic trigger, meaning it's far easier to achieve high rates of fire. It'll be a lot easier to get on a level playing field with some of the high end markers with a marker like this, than it would be with a regular blow back semi.
The best piece of advice I can give you though, is see if you can try out those markers on your local field and see which you like best. After all, what works for some, may not work for some others.

It may also be worth it to have a look in the techroom section of this site. Tons of markers have been reviewed in there, including the Dragun.

Have fun playing bro!

the three markers you have named !!
two of them are mainly the same marker, namely the spider and the dragun. the only difference is the dragun is a e-marker but it is essentailly a spider rip off. At the end of the day you get for what you pay for in the lower end of markers as names mean nothing down in this costing area.

MidgetFista

Nov 12, 2001
Cheshire, UK
homepages.manx.net
I started on a shutter.

With a shutter there is very little to add onto the gun, and alot of it is already there, just quite low end addons that u can upgrade.

The shutter is also good to give u a basic understanding of how the markers work, and thus give u a good foundation for other markers u will buy in the future.

cheers

Neil

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
Don't overlook the Inferno line of markers. They are the best value for money gun on the market. In the UK Powerball and Planet Eclipse sell them. In the USA I think Diablo have something to do with them.

From your list of three, go with the Spyder. I started with a Spyder, and it did the job. Until I decided to add a lil' bit of magic, then all it did was break paint :(

Enjoy:)

pballer

Feb 28, 2002
Superior, Wisconsin
Visit site
My Decision

Well guess what? I bought the CORE Sharc. It was a tough decision considering the Shutter but I made a choice and it wasn't a bad one at all. Once I become more experienced I'm definitely going to consider an autococker.

-Thanks for the info guys-