Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

3000 & 4500 and beyond

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by OhhhNooo
How come tanks can only hold up to 4500? can it go any farther? 47,48,49 possibly 50. If it cant why hasnt someone designed a bottle to do so?
they have, if I recall correctly PMI are selling a 5K system now.

I guess it's demand, fill ability and price that are holding things back. What's the point of a 6k system if it costs an arm and a leg, offers no real extra benefits as you can't fill it?

We'll get there though unless there's a physical limit to how much the current systems can take, I for one would not like to try squeezing 5K into a 4500 bottle by saying it looks the same!

I like my body, (overweight and knackered as it may be),. in one piece ;)

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
We'll get there though
I think that in the future, bottles will be tiny, maybe 0.8 litre bottles that we use now, but the pressure will be so high in them that you could get 2000-3000 shots out of them. Not sure about the physics involved in that, or the thickness of the bottle, but I believe that will happen in the future.

At the moment, the air pressure situation is like cube said, very much governed by the cost of compression, and filling. In time this will drop, but it will take time.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
To a large degree it's down to the cost of small, lightweight materials that can take the pressure. Yes there are the materials out there, developed to a large degree by the space industry, but how many of us could afford around a grand or more for a bottle?

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
Jesus, imagine the damage a 4500 bottle rupturing would do. Now make the bottle walls thicker and the pressure higher. We're all running round shooting each other while carrying frag grenades effectively. It's scary the forces involved when you think about it. I hope everyone's bottles are in test since if a bottle did go and it turned out to be out of test then the shiznit would really hit the fan I think.

Just a devils advocate,

Tom