Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

32 Degrees Coiled Remote Kit

Neddyboy

where's my precious
Jun 17, 2002
Surrey, UK
www.franceforyou.co.uk
I have a 6 + 1 belt where i can put the CO2 bottle on my back. Currently my bottle is screwed into the gun, Do you think it is a good idea to have the bottle at the back with a 32 Degrees Coiled Remote Kit to the gun. See link.www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/co2/32degcoiledremkit.htm.

Also everytime I unscrew the bottle from the gun, I end up with my o-rings getting fried. Doesn't matter how I do it.

This is another reason of me thinking about the 32 Degrees Coiled Remote Kit

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
as always mate it boils down to the way you play.
a few years back remotes were really popular, however they come with drawbacks.
the hose can get caught in the undergrowth. (so to get round this people used to run the hose inside their playing top.)
however it is hard enough to shoot cack handed with a remote, let alone when the hose comes out of one of your sleves.

BUT it does lighten the gun.
also would that not unbalance your gun??

i have to be honest ive only used a remote once, the hose came lose in a game, and damn was my back cold. which is why i dont think findly of them. but there may be others with better experiences.

you down academy on sunday??

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
Hi Neddyboy

Like Billy says - remote's a case of preference, and as the emphasis is on tourney play amongst the kit freaks, most people tend to find them a bit too cumbersome and prone to stick out. If you're using co2 in cold weather though, a remote set up can be rather useful.

For rec play, I've used an automag with a similar set up - coiled remote and a mini-expansion chamber. The gun is nice and light using a gas-thru stock and the weight of the tank wasn't noticeable. Just make sure it's strapped in tight - the less it shifts around, the less you'll notice it and the less likely it will work something loose and freeze your butt! Had to make a few modifications to my remote pack using some heavy thread and industrial velcro, but that b*gger didn't shift. Also recommend getting a harness yoke if it will clip to your remote pack - totally shifts the balance and lets you charge around like a Mad Thing(tm).

I didn't having a problem with the coiled hose snagging, although it is a bit awkward shooting off-handed. If you have more slack to play with I'd recommend just one wind around the firing arm rather than inside your sleeve. Doesn't take to much effort to untangle, and god forbid if something did fail, you don't have a quick disconnect or ruptured hose whipping around in your clothes! :D

Neddyboy

where's my precious
Jun 17, 2002
Surrey, UK
www.franceforyou.co.uk
thats good advice too Jones the Paint Magnet. Decisions, Decisions................ I must admit i prefer rec than sup air.

Any one know why my o-rings fry when i take the co2 bottle off. I've tried various ways of doing it and it always bugger's them up

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
its imply cos your bottle has a pin valve right??
and when you remove it your doing so under pressure. the o-ring will be compressed in such a way that when unscrewed it will work its way into the thread, then bye bye o-ring. sad but true.
likelyhood is that there aing much you can do beoynd getting a mountain of o-rings or an on/off valve for your bottle.

Eon

Sep 19, 2002
Hants UK
Visit site
To stop chewing o'rings if you have a pin valve, you need to unscrew your cylinder about half or three quarters of a turn. Enough to allow the pin to close, then shoot off any gas inside your marker before removing your cylinder, this should stop you going through o'rings.