Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

5 man breakout?

IHaveACoolName

Apr 3, 2004
Visit site
well, my first tournament is coming up, it's gonna be 5 man. I was just wondering what breakout patterns you guys use. like how many guns up and rolling right away, how many guys making the big run and so on.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
depends a lot on the field to be honest........and wether its centre flag or not.

if its a centre flag then generally we will send somone on to it from the break, 2 back corners, back centre and one mid field.

however if the field has a nice centre complex, snake/zipper or a tasty 50 bunker then we might double up on the 50 from the off.
on a more open field we might all come out guns up and rip the other team a new ass from the word go then use a staggered break out to some bunkers and bump up.

depends on the field mainly and also the strength of the people in the team.....if your team has only one person loony enough to break to the 50 then work round that, if you have more nutters then you can come up with more flexible breakout ideas......but no matter what remember one thing which we learnt rather quickly...there is no point it breaking out and all making your bunkers if there is no paint in the air.......you should be aiming to get as much paint in the air asap and hitting at least one of the other team before they hit their bunkers

richardmawer

Playing since 1986 - Still shooting fools
May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
5-man set up ??

As Jahlad says - it really depends on the field or opposition you're playing.

As a rule in 5-man - the goal is to cut on side of the field to pieces and then have a plyer behind the opposition before they know what has hit them - game over.

We will look at the field - pick the side which is going to be key - and even bunkers - then have three guns up on this side with 2 on the other.

Rich

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
have 5 guns up, break short, put as much paint in the air as you can and then when you have dominance of the field move up fast.

If you can keep the other team behind their barricades early on by the sheer amount of paint you can put in the air, moving up the field will be far easier than if you only have 2 or 3 guns up early on and try to get supremacy then.

Pureball

NSPL Ref
Oct 10, 2004
Devon, UK
Visit site
best to have atleast one player covering the 2 lanes along the side. im always the one that moves up if no one is pinning me down. one guy next to me and i give him a shout that im moving. he then takes my place.

2 in the middle, blasting away at the opposite corners. i move up, pop my head out, move again. sprint for it around the corner bunker and mug them all from behind. game over. oh and we never have guns up straight away. the field is too long for a decent shot really, so we sprint to our chosen bunkers, and then its guns up for suppressing the opposition, and shooting the lane side of the bunkers that the runner is planning on making. we do ths because it makes it easier for the runner to get up the side.

i suggest you walk the field for a good 15mins prior to the games, and work out a decent strategy for each side (generally one side is better that the other). just do some practice runs on your own. get up and behind the bunkers to check angles etc. imgaine your playing and just run, duck and slide the way you would in a game. everyone does it so dont be embaressed or anything lol. just get some idea of what YOU are going to be doing, then discuss it with the team. communication with your team when planning is VITAL. if they dont know when youre gonna move, youll leave them in the dark...as i have a few times :D lol.

anyway good luck mate

regards
Matt

bulldog2k

Originally posted by Pureball
oh and we never have guns up straight away. the field is too long for a decent shot really,
Really don't agree with that at all. As was posted earlier, it's impossible to say without seeing the field, but in a typical 3 strong backline, all of them should be guns-up on the break. Either they shoot and run to bunkers or they delay the break and suppress/sweetspot. Only if the two corners are fugging miles out and tiny is worth the back corners not hoonering. G's on the break are too precious not to grab hold of...

work out a decent strategy for each side (generally one side is better that the other).

Again, mate - not so. Sure, the field at KOTH on Sunday was a bit asymetric, and there were angles that opened up on one side that didn't on the other - notably the brick on the forty on the 'toilet' side of the field, because the other way had a pillar in the way - but thats rare - most fields are near as dammit symmetrical - and if they're not, you might wanna check with the marshals at a quiet time whether they're SUPPOSED to be...

Pureball

NSPL Ref
Oct 10, 2004
Devon, UK
Visit site
well tbh each team has its own strategies. sure its a good idea to have all guns blazing at the start, but in my own opinion i think its just a waste of paint. yes yes yes you have to suppress the back corners etc etc etc, but why slow your break by walking forward and firing, when you can make a full on sprint to a more aggresive position?

plus its the forward players you want to nail first if possible. theyre gonna be making all the moves (generally), and will be more likely to take you down or screw your plan up big time.
i choose not to be a back player because

1- i think its just a waste of paint (but to most it isnt).
2 - i dont want to sit in the same spot shooting at anything and everything
3- i prefer getting the satisfaction of EARNING a kill by moving into a decent and risky position. gets the adrenalin pumping for me.

even though im not the thinnest or fastest guy in the world.

it all comes down to the players and strategy for each team imo.

JamieD

SZ Mafia
Dec 12, 2003
Carlisle
www.szpaintball.proboards.com
Originally posted by Pureball

plus its the forward players you want to nail first if possible. theyre gonna be making all the moves (generally), and will be more likely to take you down or screw your plan up big time.
not 100% true, front players are nothing without there back guys, if the team you are playing isnt completly hopeless that is. Front players rely on the backs for information on field possitions and also covering fire for them to do the things they do, i know when i play i can usualy pull off some of the stuff i do by myself but it is a hell of a lot easier and far more efficient if i have help from the guys behind me, ok the point i am trying to say is take out the back guy you take out the front guy, blind players are dead players and all that.
also by eliminating the corner guys you have ended there hope of crossing up after you eliminate there other players, from experience we have learned this the hard way and it is crucial that you take out 1 corner guy early in the game,
for example. every time we play kellys they still have there corner guys left in at the end and they are impossible to dig out, we we're 4 on 2 one game and they still stuck it out and ended up winning the game.