Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

.50 Cal Paintball

combat splat

Jul 26, 2012
I know there aren't many guns on the market but a few sites use them as rental guns now and I wanted to know some opinions on those that have played with them?

We've been testing out the spyder opus gun for the last couple of days and for a site marker its good fun. We haven't actually used them in a game scenario though hence my question. cheers

iv realised this shouldnt be in the newbee thread but cant seem to remove it myself*

Last edited:

combat splat

Jul 26, 2012
Reactions: Random Invert

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
had a limited run of testing when 50 cal was first made big by GI with the 50 cal spyders. the size of the markers/capacity and pain factor were a good plus from a rental perspective but they seemed relatively inaccurate compared to a .68 inferno mk2. however i'd have liked to have tried them with different qualities of paint, in different wind conditions but thats my 2p.

Random Invert

Oct 27, 2008
N.Wales - Wrexham
www.outpostpaintball.co.uk
Awesome thanks for that- i did try a search obviously not that well. Agree with your comments and I think we can get so many more young players through the door to take up the sport. Even its just to ease the parents thoughts when they are weighing up whether to play or not. We did a video today of the size in break difference.
I never did get round to testing it and not used it since Armo (which is a shame) so it's nice to see a video of the breaks. May have to get a case of 50cal and try it again. Would like to see the difference between a 68 and 50 on a soft target.

combat splat

Jul 26, 2012
had a limited run of testing when 50 cal was first made big by GI with the 50 cal spyders. the size of the markers/capacity and pain factor were a good plus from a rental perspective but they seemed relatively inaccurate compared to a .68 inferno mk2. however i'd have liked to have tried them with different qualities of paint, in different wind conditions but thats my 2p.
From shooting off a couple of bags today it seemed quite accurate. It may sound patronising but I don't think a lot of the younger players will take much notice if it isn't accurate anyway. Some players just seem to point randomly in the sky and shoot :D

combat splat

Jul 26, 2012
I never did get round to testing it and not used it since Armo (which is a shame) so it's nice to see a video of the breaks. May have to get a case of 50cal and try it again. Would like to see the difference between a 68 and 50 on a soft target.
A soft target it such as....Il be filming a proper 50 cal promo video soon for our website, so whilst I have the camera in my hand!

Reactions: Random Invert