Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

50 Cal - the way forwards.....?????

Luke H

Apr 29, 2010
Wrexham
So if more tournament/scenario events start to adopt the 50cal paintball, the overall cost for playing events (tourneys or scenario) should decrease, which would be a positive move in increasing the uk paintball scene, especially considering the current economic state.

Reactions: Spike

manorman00

Jul 26, 2010
East Anglia
Yes virtually all my shots went askew at some point. Paint to blame, guess so.

All of the markers went down, gun tech managed to get half of them working by the end of the day - he also commented that even if he was getting £600 / day he still wouldn't like to work!! The markers were spyders and I think we are getting some gi milsim ones to try next...

The guy who came down was being dealt with by my boss and gun tech, so I don't know.

We were also told that we should get about 1000 shots from 1 fill of air...if only the markers lasted that long!!!

Let me get this right here manorman .... you are telling us you were only able to hit a 'standing man' target with 1 out of 10 shots from 15 feet?????

And every single one of your ten markers went down????

And who was the guy from the paint and gun supplier who came down to watch your day????

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
If you want to arrange a GI visit then just hit me up and I will arrange to come with our distributor. I'm still in the uk at present almost any timing is good.

As for Winter paint - it couldn't have been ours, we never made any as said before, although someone may have treid to sell you harder paint as winter paint - if they have from our camp then they will be dealt with but your randomness in the posts.

I'm really concerned that you've had a bad 50 cal experience - I would have expected if anything comments regarding paint NOT breaking. There definately seems something wrong on that set up.

As for pricing that someone mentioned. .50 Cal PEG balls are 20-30% cheaper than .68 cal PEG balls. Yes you can buy cheaper .68 Cal paint, but please compare apples with apples and compare similar grades of paint. It's like saying a hammer drill is more expensive than a hand borer, they'll both do the job but one will do it more efficiently.

And as we all know most websites only ever advertise MRRP!!

Johan

full contact
Feb 6, 2008
www.teamxistence.com
Hi there

We Team Aggression are the worlds first 50 call Eclipse factory team, meet us at some field out there, or even on the Millennium shooting 50 call with our Ego11.

The 50 call paintball is more accurate then 68, but we have to make a new rule for the distance.
Maybe 330 or 340 FPS...

Anyway come on over and have a chat!

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
but we have to make a new rule for the distance.
Maybe 330 or 340 FPS...!
Perhaps we should also give fat blokes a 2 second head start when the klaxon goes?

The whole point of rules is that they give you a nice level playing field and you choose your equipment to suit.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Yes virtually all my shots went askew at some point. Paint to blame, guess so.

All of the markers went down, gun tech managed to get half of them working by the end of the day - he also commented that even if he was getting £600 / day he still wouldn't like to work!! The markers were spyders and I think we are getting some gi milsim ones to try next...

The guy who came down was being dealt with by my boss and gun tech, so I don't know.

We were also told that we should get about 1000 shots from 1 fill of air...if only the markers lasted that long!!!
Hi Manorman, the only explanation that could account for the lack of accuracy you claim is either a barrel bent like a banana or paint smeg in the barrel.

I don't care how bad a ball is, if your barrel is straight, and you haven't got paint splattered inside it.. there is NOOOO way you are gonna hit a man fifteen feet away with only one out of ten shots mate, well not unless your name is Stevie Wonder .... Nah, I ain't having that .. I'm not doubting your word, I'm just doubting your conclusions.
As Spike suggests, he'll come down and show you the true merits of 50 cal and I am damned sure they are an awful lot better than your first experience.

CraigofScotland

Naked fun time
Oct 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I had my first taste of 50cal at the weekend @ Super6. Through the marker thats like the vibe (sorry forgot its 50cal name). To be fair, its fun as hell. You just start shooting and dont really stop for what feels like an eternity.

Accurate? same as any site paint through a 68cal. I loved having what seems like a million paintballs in your hopper and pods. Range was decent, just felt like it fell short, but if you up the velocity then you never know . . I wasnt conducting tests just running about with a grin on my face.

Would love to try the 50cal impulse (again forgot name) with the 50cal freak kit. Think that could be a very very fun thing to play with out in the woods.

Replacing 68cal? dont know, or have much interest in debating, but it is alot of fun and not as bad as some folk make out.

Reactions: Spike

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
Craig - the marker you tried was the GI Micro. The Impulse name is strangely enough the Impulse 50 :)

I'm hoping that at the next Super6 we will have larger range of equipment for people to try. I will ensure an Impulse is there as well as some of our more scenario featured products.

As for upping velocity just to add 2 pennies worth - the joule rating which is one of the reasons for the current safe side of the law limit of 300 fps is what would determine fairness would it not? A level playing field suggests that everything is equal so perhaps the opposite argument could be used, .68 cal has an advantage with slightly increased range due to its size and weight, and therefore to level the playing field you must either turn .50 cal up or .68 cal down so that they both are equal on range and energy. Of course .68 cal would then leave a slightly bigger splat due to volume of fill inside the ball.

Not wanting to get into an argument about 50 vs 68 with this but if insurance companies and legislation are ok with a velocity increase on smaller calibres, based upon proper safety tests etc then who are we to block it. It is proven that .50 cal can reduce expendiature on paint whilst increasing revenue for recreational customer sites.

Of course I do have an interest in .50 Cal (and .68) - so if it was safe and levelled that playing field I would be in favour.