Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

50 cal Vote!!

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
.50 cal

I totally agree with Rider ...:- pointless , there`s a great show of the .50 cal gat
now showing on techpb that might change peoples minds though...... Bluey

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
all this asumes prices will drop for smaller balls

it didnt work that way for the curly wurly :)

samfrost1308

Banned
Jul 10, 2009
Torquay
all true, but what of the fps increase often talked about?
In tournament paintball, a "mugging" could become a very painfull experience, and although that may force someof us to better our game and mind our surroundings!, i dont think that is sensible. on the other hand, in rental paintball, there is the surrender rule, which may cure this problem slightly, but it will still be more painful than before. Any thoughts on that?

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
But what if i said to you "if you change to 50 cal, you will raise your profit margin by 33% overnight without any change in your business".

I doubt any site owner could afford not to change over.
Im keeping my 68cal as i cant afford a 50 simple as that really more shots per fill

But what would be the cost of swapping all the gats over or buying all the drop in kits vs the profit increase ? How long would it take the get the money back and start making a bigger profit...

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Im keeping my 68cal as i cant afford a 50 simple as that really more shots per fill

But what would be the cost of swapping all the gats over or buying all the drop in kits vs the profit increase ? How long would it take the get the money back and start making a bigger profit...
Well lets say on average the site owner made an extra £10 per customer with the new paint, and the average site gun costs £xx, you don't have to be a maths teacher to work out it won't take long.:)

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby

How ive been reading this , 50cal is more or less aimed at site owners for now, help keeping costs down for field owners and possibly the punters. Less pain for those who experience paintball once or twice a year , hopefully see them come back to experience more , thus keeping site's and the sport healthy. Without these sites, the industry would collapse, and so the sport.

50cal would be an " option " for the rest of us, not forced as many think.
What lies for the future , wether 50cal will actually be the mainstream and take over 68cal eventually is unknown for some time. If 50cal does become the norm, it would take years for a change over, nothing to be worried about for now.

Like Syd has said in an earlier post, its too early to think that far ahead as its too early to say.

Jon @ LIps brought the Impulse 50 upto UKM 10 man today. With the new hopper , the new guerilla 48cu bottle/myth, and hopper full of 50cal paintballs, the whole setup weighed next to nothing.
He brought down two different grades of 50cal paintballs, unfortunately, i was too busy jumping on/off field all day to try it out. There were a couple players who shot it at the chrono, maybe they could post up there thoughts about it ?

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
i have to say i wouldnt.

68 cal is bang on i see no need for it to change.
removing 68 from speedball will remove alot of the skill involved.

these balls are harder to see. less need to carry pods, and less need to refill the hopper.

for these 3 reasons i see no need to aim anymore. fire 2k balls is only 4-5 hoppers.

in woods ball range is an issue sumtimes when your down behind that last good cover befor a big open space. if these can match the range of 68s then there no good here either.

also sits tend to sell balls by the hopper.this means more balls in a hopper. people fire 200 in a game because they have 200. if they have 500 they will fire 500. i think this might increase the price to the punter not reduce it ?

i guess they claime the markers weigh less. anyone felt and ego? why would you need anything less wight that practicaly nothing ?