Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

50 Caliber Revolution

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I think the .50 cal will be great for sites...I will hopefully have one of these .50 cals soon enough and it has to start somewhere...no one should be afraid of or against .50 cal paint as new folk into the game/sport won't have anything to compare it against and will be "unbiased". Its like an option just like hopper, gun, clothes, goggles and now you can choose calibre!..:)
Great for fields, bad for stores. It paves the way for a 2 tiered industry. I see that as a bad thing.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
I think my statement could possible be taken as I am stating it wil ALWAYS out perform .68 cal, what I said was I have shot a .50 and a .68 side by side both at around 280 fps and the .50 shot further than the .68 so it was that test and that time that it did.
You're splitting hairs. A 1.21g or 1.28g .50 cal paintball will *NEVER* out-range a 3.2g .68 cal paintball when fired at the same velocity. So if you stand by your previous statement, then you MUST have had a .50 cal paintball that weighed 1.5g or more.

I can GUARANTEE that if you take those 1.28g .50 cal paintballs and fire them at 280 fps and take some .68 cal paintballs and fire them at 280 fps, out of straight-cylinder barrels, that the .68 cal paintballs will go further EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So the paint that people will actually get in the cases they buy - will that be the .50 cal paintballs that you don't have any more of that you claim out-range .68 cal paintballs, or will that be the .50 cal paintballs you have now that don't actually out-range .68 cal paintballs?

Addendum: .50 cal paintball needs to weigh about 1.6 grams to have a similar trajectory to a .68 cal paintball at 300 fps, although this is according to calcs by people smarter than I.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
That is the weight of the ball I have here, the one's we used we have no more of, I did not weigh those before we used them, we have played around with formula's and fills, so there is a chance those balls were heavier.
Chris I am not splitting hairs I telling you the truth, yes the ball's we used may have been heavier which I why I wrote the above!

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Chris I am not splitting hairs I telling you the truth, yes the ball's we used may have been heavier which I why I wrote the above!
Are the paintballs that people get in the boxes you will be selling them the 1.28g paintballs you have now or the heaver paintballs that you no longer have?

So it doesnt fly further at the same velocity.
Nobody with a basic knowledge of physics expected it would.

How about turning the velocity up?
A fiddy cal fired at 350 - 400fps would compete very well with a 68 cal fired at 280.

It would also still be legal (in the UK at least)

Dexter

old skool!
Nov 3, 2008
can anyone tell me what weight a .50 ball would have to be to peform as well as a .68 ball travelling at 300fps?