Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

50 Caliber Revolution

DrunkZombie

Team GBH
May 27, 2007
England, kent
www.team-gbh.co.uk
.50 Caliber Revolution.. errr no thanks.
Lets think of the costs to change to the new 50 caliber paintballs? New marker, new barrels, new hoppers... .68 caliber will always be around because everyone will have the markers ect. Why would a site want to change if they have to replace 100+ markers.

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
.50 Caliber Revolution.. errr no thanks.
Lets think of the costs to change to the new 50 caliber paintballs? New marker, new barrels, new hoppers... .68 caliber will always be around because everyone will have the markers ect. Why would a site want to change if they have to replace 100+ markers.
What if the paint costed (for arguments sake) 30% less? Then the cost of re-equipping would quickly be offset.

Guns etc. need replacing every couple of years or so on a lot of sites anyway, and this would just mean the change is gradual.

Funniest thing is - this company aren't even launching until late Q4, yet people are acting like it will kill paintball in 2 weeks!

I for one welcome our new, smaller calibre, overlords.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Why would a site want to change if they have to replace 100+ markers.
I take it you're not in business then?

I think you might need to ponder the difference between paint and hardware when it comes to owning a site and when you finally discern the significance I am referring to, the penny might drop for you ... I won't hold my breath :)

DrunkZombie

Team GBH
May 27, 2007
England, kent
www.team-gbh.co.uk
so your saying that they would just use their old markers rather than replacing them? Fair enough i can see that happening in some sites. But then they just prove how much they care about their customers... Unless there is no difference between shooting a 50 through a marker designed to fire 68, if this is the case then I would see the new size in a new light.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I follow the whole 'making it cheaper' argument, and it has some legs. problem is, 50cal hurts like fxck and bounces like crazy, and I don't think anyone has fixed that problem yet.

jagerpirate

--East Coast NV--
Oct 26, 2007
Aberdeen
..and I can't believe what some of you guys in this thread concern yourselves with, it's truly amazing.

How so? Surely for existing players the biggest issue is going to be whether or not they have to replace their kit? What if it goes belly up? will there be conversion its? etc etc...

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
so your saying that they would just use their old markers rather than replacing them? Fair enough i can see that happening in some sites. But then they just prove how much they care about their customers... Unless there is no difference between shooting a 50 through a marker designed to fire 68, if this is the case then I would see the new size in a new light.
I'll help you out. Markers are not the biggest outlay of money for a site, paint is and by a long way. If paint was alot cheaper, the money saved would easily offset the cost of buying 100 new guns.