Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

50 Caliber Revolution

DrunkZombie

Team GBH
May 27, 2007
England, kent
www.team-gbh.co.uk
I'll help you out. Markers are not the biggest outlay of money for a site, paint is and by a long way. If paint was alot cheaper, the money saved would easily offset the cost of buying 100 new guns.
Thanks for the help :)

Saying that though, I used to work for a site who thought that they would stick with Co2 because upgrading to Air would cost too much, I know its not really the same kind of figures but its still along the same kind of line.

I suppose it offers a new view. Say sites use 50 cal for punters, making that extra money OR reducing the cost for the customers and thus making paintball more affordable in the eyes of the general public.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Thanks for the help :)

Saying that though, I used to work for a site who thought that they would stick with Co2 because upgrading to Air would cost too much, I know its not really the same kind of figures but its still along the same kind of line.

I suppose it offers a new view. Say sites use 50 cal for punters, making that extra money OR reducing the cost for the customers and thus making paintball more affordable in the eyes of the general public.
Or they could keep their prices the same and increase profit margins.

To me thats a bit short sighted though, I'd rather see reduced prices and returning customers. At the end of the day Joe the Punter doesn't know the difference in what is popping out of the barrel, it is a ball full of paint to them......

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Thanks for the translation bloter, sometimes the over exaggeration mixed with the flaming normally confusses my simple mind..

If the sites are more inclined to keep the price the same and make a bigger profit then will the companys selling to us stay the same ? If so would all of us want to buy new gear to buy paint at the same price ?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
so your saying that they would just use their old markers rather than replacing them? Fair enough i can see that happening in some sites. But then they just prove how much they care about their customers... Unless there is no difference between shooting a 50 through a marker designed to fire 68, if this is the case then I would see the new size in a new light.
I am not saying anything like you suggest, Bolter nudges you closer to the truth ... let's hope you can see it.

DrunkZombie

Team GBH
May 27, 2007
England, kent
www.team-gbh.co.uk
Yes Bolter was good enough to point me in the right direction rather than just pointing out that I was wrong. He was helpful. Because you were not so helpful I had to guess as to what you thought, and as you have again pointed out, I was wrong, im not a mind reader.
Have you seen my last post? Do you now think that I have grasped the concept? Or am I wrong... again?

If a site were to make a bigger profit then im sure they wouldn't think twice about changing their markers. But if they made the same profit by selling the paint at a cheaper rate then it would still sting a little, in this business climate, a sting can mean a lot.
Or mix it up, make more profit to pay off the cost of the new markers then reduce the cost to the customer, best of both worlds.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Yes Bolter was good enough to point me in the right direction rather than just pointing out that I was wrong. He was helpful. Because you were not so helpful I had to guess as to what you thought, and as you have again pointed out, I was wrong, im not a mind reader.
Have you seen my last post? Do you now think that I have grasped the concept? Or am I wrong... again?

If a site were to make a bigger profit then im sure they wouldn't think twice about changing their markers. But if they made the same profit by selling the paint at a cheaper rate then it would still sting a little, in this business climate, a sting can mean a lot.
Or mix it up, make more profit to pay off the cost of the new markers then reduce the cost to the customer, best of both worlds.
DZ, I think the tone was set by your initial post, it was soo negative and that negativity was because you hadn't thought about it enough.
You basically knee-jerked your way to writing what I thought was a rather dismissive post about something that could revolutionize our game, I could be wrong of course.

Anyway, I didn't mean to jerk your chain, I suppose I just wanted you to think a little more before condemning something that could prove to be a god send to paintballers everywhere.

Shlomo

Gung Ho
Oct 16, 2007
Germany
www.gung-ho.de
Well, I'm old and stubborn and usually I don't like changes, but this story sounds exiting to me. It's going to be a complete relaunch of paintball eqipment and this will for sure bring some interesting innovations with it. Performancewise it should be a big improvement. Can't wait to give it a try!

Also, I'm sure there will be some .68 caliber available in the future, so I won't have to put my Phantom on the wall.

Why am I not astonished to see Robbo involved :D

DrunkZombie

Team GBH
May 27, 2007
England, kent
www.team-gbh.co.uk
DZ, I think the tone was set by your initial post, it was soo negative and that negativity was because you hadn't thought about it enough.
You basically knee-jerked your way to writing what I thought was a rather dismissive post about something that could revolutionize our game, I could be wrong of course.

Anyway, I didn't mean to jerk your chain, I suppose I just wanted you to think a little more before condemning something that could prove to be a god send to paintballers everywhere.
I was a tad negative i do admit, sorry :eek: and yes I hadn't really thought about it enough. I was set in seeing it from a walkon/torni point of view and not from a paintball site's point of view.

I suppose im stubborn :) I dont like to see change, and it is a big change, you have to admit. However there is a part of me that thinks it would be interesting to see if there are any changes to the way the smaller paintballs are loaded in via the hopper and if the paintballs themselves perform any differently. Im not sure how they could cost less, apart from the obvious fact of using less materials. I cant see this adding up to much of a saving per case.

Would they be sold in cases of 2000 or 3000 :rolleyes: