Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

5000psi systems

lucifer_hunter

Guy with the Flying Scarf
May 14, 2002
Central London
dammit! this is a tech thread!! :( i'm suppose to get a decent answer from u guys!! some newbie's probably gonna read this and actually call hpac to get a drilled bottle... when that happens all u guys r to be blamed lol :D

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I've had burst discs go on me... not that big a deal.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Annoying, loud, stops you from playing the rest of the game with your marker, which is the worst part. Beats the hell out of the alternative.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Try band-aids they even let it breathe.

All joking aside Lucifer, the standard air systems in this country are:

3000 psi

4500 psi

as a newcomer to air, i would stick to something straight forward like a preset air system, that screws into your existing asa.

Are you using it for rec-ball or at tourneys, as you have to be able to get it filled at least once during the day.

CO2 would be the easiest way to go, and the cheapest, if your rec-balling, but air has many more advantages over co2.

Overall air is the better, but co2 is cheaper.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
The 5000psi bottles are all DOT bottles so as per your other thread no you can't use it...regardless of what an Air supplier (HPac) could pump to. DOT bottles are still being sold in the UK to english people...which IS perfectly legal, it is their being filled that is the illegal part...so technically the english stores selling DOT bottles are doing no wrong but they do know you can't use 'em so stop using the stores that sell these products..that will soon hurt their sales.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
N2.

...the burst disc that popped... actually, it happened 4 times in one day. Very strange... I think it was something to do with the Thor reg on my rail. Got rid of that heavy thing and the problem went away.

Another funny story about the dangerous properties of compressed gas...

When we were about to catch our planes back from Orlando last year, my old team captain was unscrewing the burst disc on his tank to release any small amount of air left, so he could check the tank in a piece of luggage. Turns out his gauge was not properly calibrated, it reads about 1800 psi low. Everything is fine until he gets the disc unscrewed. The burst disc flew out of its hole like a bullet, hit the wall. We dug it out and paid damages.