Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

7 man or not, your opinions needed!

7man, should we still play it in the UK?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

booga

Arthritic Pirate
I've played 5, 7 and 10 man, full X-ball and X-lite and without a doubt my fav has been full X-ball. I'm 38 and if I have to wait an hour or so between games I start to doze off! I'd rather have an hour of play and then have a nice cup of tea, some scones and a lay down.

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
7 man was too slow and boring, and is the biggest lane-fest known to man-kind.

I would vote semi in X-Ball - but I remember the "glory days" of semi, and sorry - it wasn't. Not by a long shot. Anyone who had half a brain had some kind of progressive/mechanical bounce on their gun making the very idea of "semi" a fairy tale the Hans Christian Andersen wouldn't believe!

I've played 5, 7 and 10 man, full X-ball and X-lite and without a doubt my fav has been full X-ball. I'm 38 and if I have to wait an hour or so between games I start to doze off! I'd rather have an hour of play and then have a nice cup of tea, some scones and a lay down.
Ditto that.

I don't actually mind the coaching so much, but the crowd should be brought closer so it is harder to hear the coaches - worked for the EXL.

I'd also like to see an end to the points limit for the X-lite formats, teams play for 10-15 mins game time as before, but I'm just not keen on the "race to XX points" as you miss those spectacular comebacks that used to make X-ball so exciting. I'm also of the opinion that the suicide run-through play has been killed by teams not wishing to give away points because there would be no time to claw them back, and this has taken another fun part of the game away.

Oh yeah, and bring back Neckerchiefs, Ripped pants and multiple banadannas hanging from your ripped Chigos while we're reminiscing.....

TheRenton

P8nt'in Yo Face Since 03
7 man was too slow and boring, and is the biggest lane-fest known to man-kind.
when I first started sure sometimes the games were long, but all depends on how the game format is set up. In 05/06 we never had long boring games in the PA (i know I keep dropping the PA into it and I must stop, but thats all i compare it to without actually having played in the NPPL)

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Bandannas are out of fashion? Really?

I'd better sell my collection of sock hats, then.

:)