Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

9 volt or 12 volt?

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
Ok so apart from the various x-boards or not that can drive the agitator(s) what is the nasic difference (hehe apart from operating voltage..) between the 9v and the 12v revvy?

Does the twelve volt drive faster or something?

Not been able to find out, not that I'll be needing one anytime soon, and I'm curious....

Let the explanations commence.

CC

Little Jon

Banned
May 1, 2002
Planet X
www.paintballextreme.co.uk
9 volt does about 9 balls a sec, only slightly faster than a gravity fed hopper. 12 volt does around 12 balls a sec. u can get something called power series that means u can add another battery so u have 18volts and 18 bps. go for the 12 volt!!!

ChairChimp

Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
AH!

I see, so basically the 12volt is a must if you are going to bother getting a revvy at all.

Mmmm thanks for clearing that one up. :)

CC

ChairChimp

Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
Well

Rayko has an inferno rigged for CO2 going second hand that I am tempted by, no air sys but the rest.

But then local to me is planet eclipse (grin) so a trip there is def in order first to see what they recommend. I like the shorter length markers, but most of them are electric which is too expensive for a first gun really, and I would prefer a marker with a foregrip/expansion chamber mounted if possible.

The choice is inferno/spyder/(2nd hand)mag at the moment...any ideas yourself?

CC

Little Jon

Banned
May 1, 2002
Planet X
www.paintballextreme.co.uk
well, i work woth infernos and they r great guns for the price. they are easy to maintain/clean. they r accurate and can be upgraded, also u can buy electronic grips for them. i have heard very bad things about spyders, like plastic bolts etc. but i dont know about them.
mags are very good, and you can get seom great upgrades for them.
infernos will probabaly be best if your gonna stick to rec ball cos they r cheap, and as i said can be upgraded and they r very rugged. and as eclipse is close to you, u can buy new barrels and stuff any time. i just got a smart parts progressive barrel. its 14" long, and makes my gun really accurate(JT 5.0)
inferno with air is pointless, as your air system will be worth more than the marker!!!!
i went with the JT cos it was only £190 inc vat, and is good, but there arent many upgrades for it yet

ChairChimp

Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
Well I think

It was a standard with the expansion chamber/foregrip attached.

Actually Rayko, can you remind me how much you were asking as I have completely forgot, sorry to be such a pain, am still interested but I do intend to pop into eclipse first to chat to them.

CC