Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

94 Cases of paint shot at Paris!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It doesn't really matter who it is because apart from one team (RL), that sort of usage is gonna cripple in some cases and in others, severely hurt, the other teams.
Remember for every XBall game you play in a tournament environment, you would have to think any serious XBall team is gonna have that game underpinned with at least 3 training games......

We are ******* lucky on Nexus in that we can weather this storm without recourse to dipping our hands in our pockets but for a lot of the guys out there in EXL land, this is gonna be one costly exercise.

The only thing that holds this all together is the promise of TV (Dick Clark's proposed deal) and the eventual franchising of each team.
The franchising of the teams enables the respective owners of the teams to consolidate their investment and provide a framework to develop an income stream.
But make no mistake about it, it's this Dick Clark deal that provides the glue that binds disparate parties like SP, Dye, Gino, Ren, Richmond and so on all together and therefore the EXL hangs upon the same thread.

And we ain't talking about just any deal here, the deal has to be that of a formalised league structure that enables the playing of teams like Oakland Assassins v Philly Americans (with some obvious end of year room being made for the likes of its European counterparts such as Legion and Joy etc).
There is absolutely no future in it for any of us if it goes down the route of a Pro - Celebrity format, all bets off are off if it starts to meander down this route believe me.
Dick Clark, I doubt, doesn't give a sh!t whether it's one or the other, he ain't in it for the love of paintball, his god is green and flat and if he thinks a Pro - Celebrity format is gonna run and a league format isn't, then we already know which way it's gonna go.
At the moment we have some confusing signs coming out and I can't make much sense of them other than to say, we need to see something substantial coming from Clark and I fear just because we (Paintball) need something doesn't mean Dick Clark is gonna oblige us until he's ready, if at all.
Chicago is a crossroads for a few reasons not least of which is because some influential people have to make some difficult decisions by then, maybe things will become clearer after that because if the NXL sneezes, the EXL is gonna get the flu believe me.
The fate of Paintball hangs upon a knife-edge but ironically, that fate is gonna be decided by somebody outside of the industry....all we can do as teams and players is to wait... and position ourselves in the best way we can and as well as our respective pockets allow us.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Steve Hancock
So did all the teams use about that sort of quantity of paint?
I think if u work on the premise of each team using about 40,000 paint for each game of XBall, you ain't gonna be too far off the mark.
It was actually the Ton Tons who shot over 90 boxes and we did a similar amount (pro rata).

Whilst players and teams may at first revel in this new format, and understandably so, the harsh realities of economics may well be the deciding factor as to who is able to play and who's not.

And then we have one more concern because it's one thing being 'able' to play, quite another to commit the resources if the mother league is getting kinda shaky...I think you will see quite a few of the big hitters discussing options in the next few weeks and awaiting a more substantial rhetoric from the US...if it isn't forthcoming then...who knows?

EGi

Apr 24, 2003
Visit site
We shot 64 cases in the 6 games we played. Of course the Open division games are 10 minutes shorter and to be honest there was propably some where around 3-5cases of paint left in pods and miscelenous bags laying around after the last match. The NXL teams seem to use about 15-20 cases per match of paint that is actually shot on the field.

Last year in a seven man tournament that we played the games all the way (like toulouse) we ended up usually using around 30-40 cases. The difference is that in Xball the bill is divided with 12 players (in our case) and in 7-man with 8 players (in our case).

I don't see the paint bill being that much bigger per player in xball than it is in a seven man tournament.

//EGi

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
That kind of paint consumption isn't all *that* unusual for X-ball.

When I was playing Div 2 X-ball with Ignition last year we would take 12 cases per match to start with...

We did something like 80 cases in Philadelphia to come 4th in Div 2 IIRC. I think we played 6 matches.

If you only play the two matches and lose both it is still likely you will do over the 20 case (rough average) you would shoot playing a 7 man and not qualifying.

If you qualify or keep winning... X-ball will need more paint than 7 man.

/me would like to take this opportunity to thank his sponsors, Once again!