Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

9oz CO2 - sub 2inch dia bottle

pizzadude

resU deretsigeR
Apr 30, 2009
Warwick, Warwickshire
Hi guys,

Is anyone able to tell me the current standing on having 9oz bottles refilled?

I know in the States they talk about the 2inch rule (http://www.hydrotester.com/information.htm) and visually checking the bottle and valve, but this is under DOT guidelines. How does this reasoning apply here or relate to the UK legislation?

I have a few bottles of mixed ages, all in very good condition, that I want to have checked and refilled if at all possible.

thanks

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
In the uk its not a 2" diameter rule, it relates to the size of the bottle to determine if it needs retesting. I think its under half a litre does not require a retest.

However they do need a stamp to say it met the standerd when it was first made and they have a finate life of 15 years for steel CO2 (I think, final date should be shown somewhere on the bottle). However you still have to convince the site to fill them.

pizzadude

resU deretsigeR
Apr 30, 2009
Warwick, Warwickshire
Ok, thanks for the reply - I'll have a good goosey gander at the markings on my bottles and see if I can dig up any further info. Does anyone know if there is any retest period or serviceable lifespan on the aluminium 9oz (and smaller) bottles?