Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A bridge around the world

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
OK Mr Sosta, and of course anyone else who fancies trying it - I remember having this one thrown at me many years ago - the only clue I will give is this:- Don't knee-jerk your answer, things are not as they seem, well, mathematically they're not as easy as you first think ....

I shall paraphrase it so it's more in context with this forum:-

In our classifieds section, one of our members has posted up a picture of a marker, and a loader that he wants to sell - he declares that he wants to sell them both for £400 - the marker is valued at £390 more than the loader - how much is the loader worth ?

This is not too difficult really but I'll dreg some more up if this gets answered too quickly .....
Not sure on this one do you mean that he wants to sell them both at once as one sale or do you mean he wants to sell them each for 400 pounds thereby totaling 800 Pounds.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Jon, the problem/riddle is as it states mate, he wants to sell them for 400 quid in total. The marker is valued to be 390 quid more than the loader.
And so, how much is the loader?

I hope this clarifies it John ......

PS Please say 'hi' to you know who for me ......

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The loader is worth £15
The marker is worth £405
Total £420, but he'll knock off £20 and do a net deal at £400. ;-)

Or £5, £395 = £400
Hi Tom, you got there in the end mate. The knee-jerk is to answer 390 for the marker and 10 for the loader which is of the course wrong answer but it's amazing how many people go for that.
I'll return with another one later but I'll make it harder next time round .....

Reactions: Tom

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
OK, another one from the dregs of my memory but I had to Google it to make sure I'd got it right ....

What's the next number?

10 - 4 - 7 - 12 - ?

Addendum - As for a clue?

Hmmnn .... let me think for a while ........ erm ...... you'd think it's all about the number sequence but it's not but then again, it is ..... it's all a matter of which numbers are relevant and maybe the obvious numbers ain't so obvious :)