Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

a clamp or din

preacher

Jun 28, 2006
County Durham
Thinking of buying a dive cylinder. Do all cylinders take both a-clamp and din. If not how can I tell the difference when buying a cylinder. If they do why buy a 80 quid din when you can buy a 30 quid a-clamp?

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
preacher said:
Thinking of buying a dive cylinder. Do all cylinders take both a-clamp and din. If not how can I tell the difference when buying a cylinder. If they do why buy a 80 quid din when you can buy a 30 quid a-clamp?
Because you have to buy the the din insert so the A clamp will fit.

No not all do. It depends on the valve and of the bottle. i.ce if it has a pillar valve all is good for the a clamp as the on/off is directly above the screw in point. If it is a yoke valve then you MUST use a din fit as the on/off and screw in poibt are either side of each other (on on each arm of the yolk, shaped like the letter Y).

Ask at a dive shop if you have any worries & you can probly buy second hand from them in confidence rather than an individual.

preacher

Jun 28, 2006
County Durham
Not buying at the mo because I've just bought my marker but whats the cost and size of the cylinder as I know a mate who might be interested. I'll see him on wednesday but I think his air system is 4500psi. Anyway, no harm in asking.

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
If you're after a used cylinder then it may be worth trying the diving related sites as they are likely to have more choice. A used cylinder is anywhere from £60-£80 depending on capacity (10l, 12l or 15l) and remianing test time. fill rigs are anything from £40 up depending on a-clamp or DIN fitting and whther the fill connector is on a whip (a flexible line) or the unit is an all in one.

If it's just for you then a 232 BAr 12l should cover a days play provided you're not too much of a trigger happy loon. :D