Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A Horrible Rumour

Sherman

Dec 2, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Bunker Imp
from my own experience a year ago with wolf-pac we couldnt afford to play the abroad events, so relied on CC to play better UK teams and more importantly the teams from all over the world.
You think the other teams playing MS on regular basis are richer than you? NO!

It's just a matter of preferences. They choose paintball and eat instant noodles instead of your sunday steak. They spend all their paid holidays on paintball trips instead of your trip to Ibiza. The list goes on....

:D

woz

Tiger Jedi
Sep 18, 2002
England
www.purerush.co.uk
Originally posted by Bunker Imp
i have heard that there may not be a Campaign cup next year, Or Either Axeing the Malaga Event:( can anyone tell me this is bollox PLEASE!!

what would british ball be without Campign Cup. the teams that cant go abroad and play the large events, would not have any large tournies so how would they be able to compete with the rest of the world:confused:
Go to Euro 5 Man;)

Woz
:D :D :D

As a team that has just completed our first season which included Campaign I would agree about it being important for UK teams as a stepping stone, dipping your toe in the international water.

No novice team will sit down and say, "Right, from now on we do internationals" without trying it first.

Our experience was, we did not quality as we had a tough group but however did not get spanked by anyone apart from one team who finished in the top 3, and we had one more scalp of theirs that Phonix got.

The point is, we heard that they play more aggressive but did not truley comprehend it until we played it.

Our aim is now to play Campaign again next year and get overseas for one and then see how it evolves.

Chris Bell

Oct 16, 2004
www.mercurypaintball.com
Malaga Beach was planned to be different. It was to be an end of year beach party, and a holiday for those who wanted one We wanted to bring a paintball spectacular to the general public and give the players new experiences by enabling them to compete in front of a different type of audience. and be able to walk pretty much anywhere thereby removing the need and cost of a car. Finally we wanted to give the trade different and additional sales potential.

Considering it was a first time event I believe we were reasonably successful in those aims.

However I am aware that we made mistakes, loads of stuff could have been better. I would welcome any thoughts, ideas and comments you may have so we can plan an even more dynamic event next year.

Let's hear it from you all please..

Chris. Bell

Just Curious

Jul 6, 2001
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
Chris.

Not really much to fault. The only real issue that I would raise is that the Players tents were kinda small for 7-man teams and being that close togeather, everything seemed 'crushed' especially during the switch between Morning/Afternoon sessions.

Imo the Trade show was not very well supported but this is through no fault of the organisors and I would suspect that after the positive results from this years event we would see a lot bigger presence next year.

Security was pretty tight at the Players entrance but I did notice a few people coming through gaps in the fence on the Beach.(I saw an elderly couple looking totally lost/bemused walking around the players area:D ). Again, I would not lay fault with the organisors as I sure we all appreciate that it would have been a nightmare trying to 'police' the whole length of the fence beach side but in the interests of public safety it may be something to look at.

Was a superb event and the organisors tried to meet all the expectations/needs of the players. Can't wait for next years event.

Ohh,,,what about a players party? We found a great place to have it!:D ;)

Chris Bell

Oct 16, 2004
www.mercurypaintball.com
Hi Just Curious,

Many thanks for your comments and kind words. I agree the players tents were far too small. To a certain extent we were the victims of a storm two weeks before the event, we lost between 10m and 20m from the depth of the beach and had to re-jig pretty much everything.

Sods Law: the beach is now back to its normal size!!

Security issues are something we have to address for next year, the fencing was a nightmare behind the players area, again in part due to the restricted beach.

Players party, .........we left it this year because the event was so new and we weren't sure what to expect, we particularly didn't want a "damp squib." Next year will be different rest assured. There's going to be another first!!

Keep you diary open for next year.