Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

a job in paintball. ideas?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by F3Z

I think u have ur first phsycological paintball related case right here.
Gods no, there are hundreds out there playing tourney ball in the UK in need of psychological help!:D In fact, I think it's a requirement to be slightly insane.

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Hmm fair point.

Hmm maybe you could try reverse phsycological help for ballers turning the gerneral a little more ...... for lose of a better word .... fecked in the head and build up a larger baller community.

Or you could just try a bit of hyponosis, im sure that be better for paintball. Specially at the pursuing parties of any tourney.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
There are 'flexible' jobs in paintball, so don't lose heart. I still work on a day rate which works out fine as i can pick and choose my hours and days, so long as the work gets done. Some days i stay home, some i do 3 hours some days i do 16 and i always get the weekends off ;) And guess what... 4 years ago after playing my first Campaign Cup i decided i didn't want the City office job i was doing anymore and I asked on these boards if there was a job going within the paintball industry.... :D

And just today a certain 'dude' who works with me has just announced he wants 6 weeks off to train with his team for the World Cup! Jeez!

joeyarmstrong

http://pages.***digy.net/
Apr 21, 2003
birmingham
p8ntonline.co.uk
Originally posted by Gups
There are 'flexible' jobs in paintball, so don't lose heart. I still work on a day rate which works out fine as i can pick and choose my hours and days, so long as the work gets done. Some days i stay home, some i do 3 hours some days i do 16 and i always get the weekends off ;) And guess what... 4 years ago after playing my first Campaign Cup i decided i didn't want the City office job i was doing anymore and I asked on these boards if there was a job going within the paintball industry.... :D

And just today a certain 'dude' who works with me has just announced he wants 6 weeks off to train with his team for the World Cup! Jeez!
:rolleyes: some people just have it all.

i think with alot of hard work and abit of luck it is possible. however the possibilities arnt endless

MattL

Jan 21, 2005
Visit site
I have worked in "The Industry" all my life and I have no regrets. There really is a job for all people somewhere and most are comparable to "normal" jobs. My story?....

I started working at age 14 at my local site as a marshal (No law suites please!) and then of course grew into the tourny scene. I continued working there all the time right up until I was finishing off my A-Levels. When I finished my A-levels I wanted a year out and wanted some experience in Engineering (my major passion). I sent a letter to Belsales (arguably the best and longest running UK paintball engineering firm) because I thought they were the best. They took me on for the year and my dream was complete.... An engineering job and still working in paintball. I then had the choice of Uni or not.

I took a place at Loughborough University studying Mechanical Egineering and continued working in holidays for Belsales. When I graduated 3 years later with a 1st in Mech Eng, I was worried I may have "outgrown" what I was doing. I was lucky and Belsales offered me a full time salaried job (I was earning at least as much as all my mates at uni who went to "maintstream" jobs). I continue to work with Belsales, along side Planet Eclipse working on lots of EGO bits. My job is varied, exciting and intereting (most of the time).

A year ago Jamie and I set up slothstuff and we are pushing the boundaries of that project now. I love having the freedom to design and manufacture new paintball bits and have the serious backup that Planet and Belsales can provide.

Of course no-one really cares about my "story", but I wanted to show you that if you want to be in the industry, you can be. Dont let it stop you doing what you dream of doing (going to Uni, being a professional "X" or whatever).

The interesting thing is...... Tons of people in the industry are desperate to get out!

Good luck, keep us posted.
Peace and good ballin'

Matt

MattL

Jan 21, 2005
Visit site
I studyed in Maths, Physics and Chemistry (I also did a Design & Technology A-Level in my "spare time"). I took a "Mechanical Engineering BEng" degree after that. Belsales were very good in that they took a lot of things into account when they took me on.

A lot of jobs you find you learn most of the ins and outs as you do it. Paintball is now so big that you can really follow your "career" dream whilst staying in the industry if you want to. I mean.....

If you want to be an engineer call Belsales/Arrow/Planet/DYE/WDP etc

If you want to be an accountant call Planet/PMI/Powerball etc

If you want to be in Sales call Powerball/JustPaintball/Holmbush/WDP etc

If you want to be a lawyer call Smart Parts.....

When I wanted to work with Belsales, they wern't advertising, I just sent them a letter and my CV and said "PLEASE... If you have any positions" and took anything I could on what money they offered. My point is that often companies need/want people but cant be arsed to advertise/look for them, I know coz it often happens to us. It is a pain in the arse to find a good person for the job, so if you go around touting your + points, someone will likely snap you up coz they know that you're keen.

Have you had any luck yet? Are you still interested?

Matt

joeyarmstrong

http://pages.***digy.net/
Apr 21, 2003
birmingham
p8ntonline.co.uk
i did totally throw the idea out after some of the comments made on this post. however i think i will try and pursue a career in paintball while still keep all options open.

ive just decided one what a levels im going to do,so still along way yet for me to go.

im doing maths,physics,media studies and geography which i think will stand me in good stead to whatever career i do choose to take.

cheers mattL