Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A Little Incident

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
i had something very strange happen to me the other day whilst playing at NPF, me and 2 other dudes were in this crater/bunker thing, with a few dudes infront and to our sides, so we stayed where we were, a few seconds later as im about to pop my head up, i see some rental dude jumping onto the cover and try and bunker us. fair play to the kid, but this i what i found really odd; i shot him a few times, one in the face and a few in the chest ( unless they bounced off, i didnt have time to see ) then the nearest ref comes along and has a look at the kid, say's he is ok, then gives us 5 seconds to run off when he didnt nail any of us.

this ever happened to anyone else? thoughts? me, i think this is a load,if he gets shot, he is out. i dont think players should be rewarded for ambitous things that fail.

Will

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
You may have broken the minimum engagement distance when you shot him which I assume were in play if rentals were involved. Still sounds odd though.

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Or, as you mentioned, the paint didn't break, paint checked and allowed to play on.

It's the most obvious reason

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The fact that the Marshall came over and checked him gives the impression that he saw shots going at the player, and either didn't see marks or saw the player continue so looked him over, called clear and then reinstated play - but in doing so took it into consideration that you were facing off each other and to continue play straight off would be a paint fest, or considered you had both had your chances and both survived so opted to give the opportunity for you to seperate

The only way to know the true answer was to ask the marshall on the day