Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A Mini or an Ego ??

modd1uk

Banned
Mar 21, 2006
I love my mini but also love team mates ego's/eteks, personally i think it depends on how often your gonna use it to justify the cost your going to spend. Like people have said tho the ego is the price it is for a reason its an excellent marker and if i had the cash i would buy one, i don't have the cash so i have my mini which im in love with.

Alex22

Oh Yeah it Burns Baby
Dec 13, 2006
www.2hott4u.co.uk
i would go for an ego

played in the freezing cold sunday and the minis i saw being used had paint dripping through the grip frame where they just smashed paint into bits inside the gun

i shot an ego and never had a problem with it, oh the people who shot minis ended up borrowing egos, says it all really

Alex

Mikey15

Aug 27, 2007
Bullsh!t post, its down to personal preference.
Sorry bagpuss but i defend the mini there not that much of a headache i own a mini and i really like it but i did have a bad time with the mini last sunday where air was pouring out of the asa but the problem has been resolved now but mini or ego depends if your looking to get 05 ego i would go for mini if your going for 06 upwards then go for ego i shot the 06 ego a couple of times now and its really nice but im not a lover of 05 at all.

Mikey15

Aug 27, 2007
i would go for an ego

played in the freezing cold sunday and the minis i saw being used had paint dripping through the grip frame where they just smashed paint into bits inside the gun

i shot an ego and never had a problem with it, oh the people who shot minis ended up borrowing egos, says it all really

Alex
Lol thats true i ended up borrowing Bagpuss ego 06 that was so sweet. But yer still mini over ego 05 anyday.

Mikey15

Aug 27, 2007
whats the differance between 05 and 06,
- New Body Profile. Sleeker design, lower weight, and more style. The Ego6 carries on the legendary Ego mantra of form and function combined.

- New In-Line Regulator. Longer and thinner, the new reg offers greater shooting comfort, added style and a larger internal stored volume. It's new dimensions also allow tighter hose configuration that utilizes easier-to-use push fittings and shorter hose length.

- New improved circuit board for the new trigger system. New mounting location (not interchangeable with 05 board) and new Optical trigger sensors. New sensors are more powerful, yet use less power than 05 Optical trigger system.

- Advanced Microprocessor; new microprocessor has more power, more memory and greater power saving features than those of previous models.

- More Powerful Eyes; the new Breech Sensor hardware means that the eyes will work in virtually direct sunlight yet use only 20% of the power of the '05 BBSS.

- Improved Battery Life; battery life extended by as much as 63%, depending upon battery type and usage. Continuous tests at 10bps resulted in a 46% improvement over previous models using the factory fitted battery.

- Improved Battery Terminals; new "gripper" battery terminal design is more durable and provides better electrical contact than on previous models.

- Thicker waterproof coating on the circuit board provides even more resistance to water than before.

- Improved Breech Sensor Logic; breech sensor is even more responsive than on previous models, which means that the Ego6 is able to react much quicker to paintballs entering the breech.

- Multiple Factory Debounce Settings. Trigger debounce can be set on a simple scale of 1 to 5. Alternatively, users can adjust their own debounce settings. The TT Filter is still available yet can also be switched off completely if required, making this the easiest Ego yet to debounce.

- Adjustable Trigger Hysteresis. Along with the traditional trigger stops, it is now possible to set the trigger activation and release points within the software, providing a level of adjustability far superior to any micro-switch.

- Peak Rate-Of-Fire Indicator; giving two ROF indicators to choose from. Full one second sampling to give "True" number of Balls-Per-Second (same as 05 Ego), or Peak Rate-Of-Fire that gives the rate-of-fire between both the last two consecutive shots AND the fastest two shots achieved in a string. Peak ROF is stored after use for true "bragging rights".

- Improved Training Mode. Breech Sensor can be switched on and off in Training Mode and all parameters are "live" for a true simulation without the bangs.

- Improved LCD Readability. A new display font and larger BBSS icon improve readability. The dynamic battery level indicator is updated much more frequently than on previous models.