The Home Of European Paintball

A must read - PA rule change for the 2005 season

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by ANDY-501
And if you would have quoted the last part after that as well you will note it says:

Also if perhaps the rule was only allowed in the more experienced divisions.

And if all seven man games were scrapped in favour of more aggressive 5 man games !

ANDY.
I just quoted as I read it, re-reading I see what you're saying...
So lower divisions will still be able to use ramping guns the same as now? how does that help?
The PA has said there will be more bunkers on field to break up shooting lanes etc so it won't just be a on the break paint fest.

Originally posted by Collier
I just quoted as I read it, re-reading I see what you're saying...
So lower divisions will still be able to use ramping guns the same as now? how does that help?
The PA has said there will be more bunkers on field to break up shooting lanes etc so it won't just be a on the break paint fest.
Sorry mate but where exactly do i say that lower divisions can shoot ramping markers ?

I understand what you are trying to say and I readily admit that I do not have all the answers to all the problems, I am just adding my thoughts to this thread with the view that other people may find some of it interesting and thought provoking, which may lead to them having more ideas to help solve the problem.

In my opinion with the rate of fire that the markers can now achieve and to make the game more spectator friendly by having less barricades in the way and faster more action packed games 5 man is the game of the future......but that is just my opinion based on personal experience of playing both 7 man and 5 man tournaments.

If the truth be told i would say if you know what you are doing shoot as fast as you like as long as you shoot good quality tournament paint nobody is gonna get hurt , but not everybody buys and shoots this softer paint and not all people have a chrono at home to make sure their velocity is under 300fps.

If these markers are available like this out the box just remember it is not just people who know what they are doing who will be getting hold of and using them !

ANDY

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Sorry mate but where exactly do i say that lower divisions can shoot ramping markers ?
You say that the new rules should only be applied to the higher divisions thus by default the lower divisions carry on as they are now, meaning that they can get away with ramping/illegal markers the same way as they can now.

In my opinion with the rate of fire that the markers can now achieve and to make the game more spectator friendly by having less barricades in the way and faster more action packed games 5 man is the game of the future......but that is just my opinion based on personal experience of playing both 7 man and 5 man tournaments.
So high speed guns and less bunkers are the way to go?? Fair enough alot would depend on field design but would we not end up with paint fest at game on as detailed in your first post? and would these markers be uncapped as they are now? meaning potentially 5 people shooting whatever bps their undetectable ramping boards can spit out as apposed to 7 people shooting 15 bps.

If the truth be told i would say if you know what you are doing shoot as fast as you like as long as you shoot good quality tournament paint nobody is gonna get hurt , but not everybody buys and shoots this softer paint and not all people have a chrono at home to make sure their velocity is under 300fps.
I understand the point about paint and completely agree, not sure about the chrono point though, every tournament has them.

If these markers are available like this out the box just remember it is not just people who know what they are doing who will be getting hold of and using them !

ANDY
But they already are! If by that comment you're talking about bouncing and ramping, take the nerve ramping as stock, Angel TR settings, any other gun debounce settings.. all able to be as legal or illegal as you like.

players who have any sort of run to their barricade through a shooting lane are gonna get lit up for at least 50% of their games and when they are only playing 7 - 10 games a day and spending around £100 to play that tournament they are not gonna be too happy. In xball the players will be out playing again in minutes rather than anything upto an hour and get to play far more games !
I think you will find that if anything it is easier to get to your primaries.

Back players now have to deal with 15bps coming from the front players who are running full tilt towards their barricades.

So you have stationary back guy shooting 15bps versus moving front guy shooting 15bps, the odds for the front guy are alot better with this rule than without...

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Originally posted by John C

Back players now have to deal with 15bps coming from the front players who are running full tilt towards their barricades.

So you have stationary back guy shooting 15bps versus moving front guy shooting 15bps, the odds for the front guy are alot better with this rule than without...
Got to agree with this, provided the field is well designed only very good lane shooting will allow you to take players on the break.
The days of big fat back guys hanging about in the open will come to a rapid end if a front player on the run can throw a serious amount of paint back. Accuracy becomes less of a factor when 15 bps are coming at you, not 2 or 3 in little spurts.

Therefore the whole idea should be abandoned, I like strutting about in the open shooting at defenceless little front players!!:p ;) :D

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Originally posted by Steve Hancock
Kind of like the x-ball fields with the big x-in the middle breaking line fo sight.
sweet!, smaller fields + faster games = better entertainment for spectators and more exhilarating games for the participants

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Originally posted by John C

If it is like x-ball then the front guys are the guys who are making delayed breaks to the corners, the traditional roles of the front and back guys gets turned on it's head.

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Any news on how far this process is down the line?
Is it still just with the UKPSF, or is it with the HO (if so could you please lemme know the dept its going through)

Now have a good 40+ players wishing to place an objection.