The Home Of European Paintball

A must read - PA rule change for the 2005 season

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by FAMINE
Any news on how far this process is down the line?
Is it still just with the UKPSF, or is it with the HO (if so could you please lemme know the dept its going through)

Now have a good 40+ players wishing to place an objection.
But still to give a reasonable, workable alternative.....

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Is it possible to register my unhappyness with these new fangled semi-automatics.

In fact, I think auto-trigger pumps are lame, not to mention pumps in general.

Can we go back to the woods and shoot single-action markers like splattys?

Famine, I'd imagine that the best people to place your objections/suggestions for alternatives/suggestions for effectively policing the current (obsolete) rules would be Bully at the UKPSF, them bein gthe governign body and all that.

Any news on how far this process is down the line?
Is it still just with the UKPSF, or is it with the HO (if so could you please lemme know the dept its going through)

Now have a good 40+ players wishing to place an objection.

Famine I can understand you and others have an objection to this and you have every right to your opinion but lodging complaints straight to the HO would not do anyone any favours, probably just stir up trouble for paintball in general.

This thread has been put on here so that we can perhaps all work together to find a solution to the problem we have with ramping markers at present.

If you dont want to put your ideas or objections on the forums perhaps you could discuss them first with the UKPSF by email rather than going straight to the HO and perhaps get together with some of the 40 players who object to see if you can think of any other way they can go about dealing with this.

Im sure they would welcome any help and ideas you can give them.

ANDY.

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Have kinda given up on this thread,
Name callin' and pig headed comments to any opposing ideas are kinda getting dull.

The guys in favour of this seem to be slightly blinkered when it comes to outside views.
I havent come up with a suggestion that works for them, no one will.
But the attitude seems to be, unless someone comes up with something we agree on, we are going ahead whether you like it or not.
Not really a soloution IMHO

I will start by chucking Bully an email, but im afraid I have little faith in our voice being heard.

A slightly cynical person may question these rule changes if you looked at what could be gained by some wishing to impose them and thier links within the trade and official bodies. But hey, I aint that cynical :)

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Do you disagree that raising the speed that everyone shoots at reduces the advantage that the cheats get?........

Do you disagree that there is no logistical, cost-effective way of catching code cheats and proving that they were cheating?..........

Seems like your the one running blinkered buddy, unless you have 'yes' answers that you want to share...

I assume a guy who smokes "40 a day" however dosn't take the sport as seriously as others, and is happy to lose repeatedly to code cheats, while he thinks of answers that are not there, as long as 'he plays fair' while others who work harder to win are disadvantaged........blinkers?:confused: :rolleyes:

As for your 'cynical idea'....any advantage to industry/trade just means growth for paintball in the long-run, cheaper ball for you, this isn't JFK 2..

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Originally posted by matski
Do you disagree that raising the speed that everyone shoots at reduces the advantage that the cheats get?........

Do you disagree that there is no logistical, cost-effective way of catching code cheats and proving that they were cheating?..........

Seems like your the one running blinkered buddy, unless you have 'yes' answers that you want to share...

I assume a guy who smokes "40 a day" however dosn't take the sport as seriously as others, and is happy to lose repeatedly to code cheats, while he thinks of answers that are not there, as long as 'he plays fair' while others who work harder to win are disadvantaged........blinkers?:confused: :rolleyes:

As for your 'cynical idea'....any advantage to industry/trade just means growth for paintball in the long-run, cheaper ball for you, this isn't JFK 2..
Screw you matey :)

40 a day, but still take sport more than serious, Its my job and business mate, my social life, work life and home life all in one! On top of that also founding member of one of the UKs longest running teams, Not just about an A squad, but with focus on training and improvenment for new players. So dont give me not commited just because I smoke.

I agree with both your first and second points, But I disagree with the idea of letting everyone cheat just because there is no way of catching them right now!

Personally i would rather carry on playing fair and remain disadvantaged, Im not quite sure what your comment about working harder to be disadvantaged means, But if its to do with my comment that some people train to fire fast and they would as such lose that advantage, then i stick by that. Same way as some people dont smoke 40 a day, or work out at gyms. They retain thier advantage though.

As for the cynical thing, it is just a thing to think about, nothing more, nothing less.

Just wish people would take a little time to read replies rather than just post crap for me to reply too.
In previous posts I have stated that the opinions I represent, are that those that have spoken to me agree that something needs to be done. But also that the current proposal and basically condoning the cheats is not the way to do it.

Never said I or any of them have the answer, maybe someone will come up with them if this thread didnt keep just going in circles!

So for the record. The basic points are from those I am currently representing are.

1. Yes - Something needs to be done about marker cheats
2. No to making it legal for all! - This is not the soloution for all paintball players. The proposal would cover all UK markers of which tourny markers make for a tiny portion.
3. A lot feel there is a safety issue involved.
4. A lot feel it will slow the game down into just a paint fest
5. A lot feel there is no way this should be imposed across the country, no probs with individual tournys taking it up. (people would then have a choice to attend an event with or without this rule)

These are the main points raised, but by no means all of them. Now thats a lot of negative stuff i know, but the other side is still just 1 point.

"well we cant catch em, so lets make it the norm"

Im not here for an argument, just to raise the points made to me.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Everyone who plays tournaments takes the sport seriously. Taking winning, and what is takes to win, seriously is an entirely different issue.....

If you agree with my first two points then you contradict yourself..

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
In previous posts I have stated that the opinions I represent, are that those that have spoken to me agree that something needs to be done. But also that the current proposal and basically condoning the cheats is not the way to do it.
If there was any other way to avoid this and stop the cheats I would be with you 100%.

I used to be as part of the same mind set as you.

I've literally spent years thinking about solutions to this. I'm not someone that has only been thinking about this since this thread just started.

I was one of the original people to campaign and get Turbo stopped in the UK.

But I don't have any better solution to this problem than the one Russel and Bully are taking to the HO.

I REALLY wish I did, but I don't, and right now for our immediate future I don't see a better answer. :(

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Have kinda given up on this thread,
Name callin' and pig headed comments to any opposing ideas are kinda getting dull.
Is that aimed at me? If so they aint pig headed comments it's just the ideas put forward thus far are unrealistic, unworkable or simply don't solve the problem.

The guys in favour of this seem to be slightly blinkered when it comes to outside views.
I havent come up with a suggestion that works for them, no one will.
But the attitude seems to be, unless someone comes up with something we agree on, we are going ahead whether you like it or not.
Not really a soloution IMHO
So what's the alternative??? That's the point, nothing anyone has been able to come up with thus far can and will catch the chip cheat markers. This isn't a pig headed, blinkered comment it's the plain and simple truth!