Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A must read - PA rule change for the 2005 season

Ryan(pb alexandria)

Clan Killer
Sep 5, 2004
Loch Lomond
Visit site
I fire an E1 blade, so the way I look at it. Planet (i think) sells a com cable for your eblade, this in effect should allow me to hook it up to my PC and using somesort of software (mabye provided) I will be able to cap the boards ROF to 15bps.

A thought just occured to me, THIS MAY SOUND SILLY but. Say you manage to do a small burst -with or without bounce- of 30bps for less than a second (not saying its possible) say mabye 0.66 of a sec then u would basically be firing 20 balls in this time which your loader is capable of but with a slower "capped" loader it wouldnt feed at this rate. Would this be legal as technicaly its not 15bps.

Ide give this more thought but its late. You please dont flame.

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Just let me check that i understand what you are saying.

You fire at 30bps for two thirds of a second, and get off 20 balls.

Depending on how you defined the bps, it would either be 30bps or 20 bps.

If you looked at the average interval then it would be 30 but if you counted the number of shots in a second you would get 20 it doesn't matter that they were all at the begining of the second and none in the last third. Surely.

What i think has been said is something to do with average interval over a string of at least 4 shots. Hopefully what is and isn't allowed will be well defined, it matters less with ramp as it can't be checked. (Eg ramp kicks in at 9 bps instead of 10) But ROF can easily be checked now (hopefully, pending the tests) so it would be good to know exactly what is allowed.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Dont worry about this.
We will ask that all markers fire at 15bps and we will ask that manufactuers use the softwafe to divide a second into 15 with 1 shot per section (new markers/software)
For all markers I think there may be a minimum amount of shots we want the unit to detect before it displays a result.
It will give you a reading after it has recieved input from four shots, but we can have that changed.
Untill we know what the rule will be, it would be wrong of me to say this or that will happen.

But we are not going to change one wrong rule with another.

Russ

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Interesting.

So by divding a second up in to 15 sections with a shot in each, you could have the a shot at the end of 1 section a shot anywhere in the 2nd and 3rd section and the 4th shot at the begining of the 4th section. this would mean that you could get 4 shots in a fraction over 3 sections, which would be just under 20 bps (In terms of average interval)

Looking at shots fired in a second, if you start counting and timeing halfway through interval 1 you would get to half way through interval 16, meaning you could get 16 balls off in a 1 second period.

I'm confused as to how this fits in with either of the definitions of BPS?

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by Russell Smith
Dont worry about this.
We will ask that all markers fire at 15bps and we will ask that manufactuers use the softwafe to divide a second into 15 with 1 shot per section (new markers/software)
For all markers I think there may be a minimum amount of shots we want the unit to detect before it displays a result.
It will give you a reading after it has recieved input from four shots, but we can have that changed.
Untill we know what the rule will be, it would be wrong of me to say this or that will happen.

But we are not going to change one wrong rule with another.

Russ
This post is aimed at all but in part reply to Russell.

A rate is determined by events over a period of time. That period of time doesn't have to have a defined lenght.

I suggest looking at the time between two shots, as this is the fastest time, and keep sampling it with each consecutive shot.

But if you want to make sure you don't get someone that is right on the line (and to that I say why not?) you could say no more than 1 occurence of shots being closer together per X number of shots taken. Maybe 1 in 5? Trouble is you will get people programming boards for 'burst mode' such that the burst is less balls than you are going to call them on.

Make it simple. (Simple is so often best).

RULE: No consecutive shots where the time between the two shots equates to a rof over 15bps.

Easy to measure, easy to check, no fancy programming, no ways to program cheats around it easily (he says but will think about it some more).

stark

Apr 25, 2003
London, UK
tamber.com
Originally posted by manike

Make it simple. (Simple is so often best).

RULE: No consecutive shots where the time between the two shots equates to a rof over 15bps.
Or to put it another way: A marker can only fire one shot every 66ms*.

* Thats 1 second divided by 15, with 10ms left to spare

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
That would be a simple rule with minimal room for "creative interpretation".

Although in order to be able to achieve 15 shots in a second with a nonramping marker, with the max bps as 15 (measured between 2 shots) there will need to be some shot storeing. Or people will have to develope very constistant rate of trigger pulls. Otherwise the average bps over a second would be much less than the max.

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if the 15bps will be implemented. I've just downloaded the pa rules for training tommorrow and it still says assisted triggers, turbo, ramping, bounce are prohibited and doesn't mention anything about the 15bps cap.

I tried to pm Russ but his inbox is full.