Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A must read - PA rule change for the 2005 season

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
All ramp software require a an input to maintain the mode.

In PSP after the first three shots at a rate of 5bps or more it will enter ramp mode.
And every time you pull the trigger it will fire three shots (up to a maximum of 15bps)
So if you fire at a rate of 3 bps you will shoot 9bps
After you have stoped shooting if you fire again within one second it will restart in ramp mode.

The true Mill mode (As written) does not restart in ramp after stopping, it also does not enter ramp unless you shoot at 7.5 bps.
But they did allow the use of the PSP mode at all events in the 2005 season.
All ramping modes are capped at 15bps.

I think they was right to allow it because the main concern IS the cap.

Russ

TheRenton

P8nt'in Yo Face Since 03
Ah right, ok, just checking everything out seen as I have a Virtue board in my EGO now which has a shed load of modes, but i'm checking I can use the PSP ramp mode in the PA. The Millenium mode (on the virtue software) will be the modified ramp mode which allows you to set at what rate you need to acheive before ramping starts. So this needs to be 7.5bps for true millenium mode. Just checking all this because I know I can simply put a tourney lock on and 15bps cap lock on and not have to worry about anything :)

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk
MY THOUGHTS

OK Said this last year, year before. Fell on deaf ears.

So everybody is ramping now and a few not, everybody loves it and everybody not.

Many years ago we had something called a Turbo Board basically a ramping board to the new kids on the block and we banned it because it created an unfair advantage to a player’s ability and was deemed to be dangerous etc.

By dangerous I mean that it allowed a maintained rate of fire to basically turn the marker into an Auto fire trigger related marker.

Anyway it ceased nobody wanted it, after seeing sense. Well history has repeated itself I think.

A marker that has a chipped board that fires on assisted trigger will only be as reliable as the marker, for example a hopper capable including the power of the batteries.
And the air flow into the markers internals which stop’s the marker popping from air starvation at high rates of fire.

Now skills have changed as said before because no longer do we have the boys and girls sorry capable of rattling the trigger or using whatever skill to pull it a high rate to gain an advantage over another team.

This took practise and now has been replaced by a chip to aid those who can’t do it maybe.
The game has become one of firepower and very fast high volume paintball and yes still involves some extreme moves but with one difference that has stayed the same, we still won’t get rid of cheats.
We moved the boundaries that is all, new software will always have a “HACK” and rules can be bent. And on to breakout modes and intermittent ramping.

I also see indecision from different paintball competitions from around the world all scrabbling to have their own rules and regulations and trying to be professional or are professional before any Pballer’s try to give me a put down. And they set there rules by what they want and not the paintballer’s themselves.

I suggested we run a proper refs tent at tourneys and not only have a marker inspection bay but also a tagging system and with bottle tagging.

Runs like this….. A simple traffic light system understood by all countries

RED - FAILED (To be inspected and team fined for attempting to use a dangerous marker, head marshal or ref will confirm these details)

AMBER –PASSED BUT CAPABLE OF ALTERATION OR MECHANICAL TRIGGER BOUNCE (The marker may have a fine button adjustment or mechanical adjustment making the marker change its modes)

GREEN – PASSED (The marker can be locked off and has passed the test but ref may still test this marker if they require on request)
You sign in and register, next door is the marker register and inspection tent.
On the first day one guy registers your marker and the markers ID, this will log your marker and help if lost or stolen.
A second guy will open with the permission of the player and examine it for ramping software, if it has the capabilities of ramp or sustained fire it will be tagged with an AMBER tag.

The third guy will test the marker if needed for trigger bounce and modes and capped rate of fire, maybe to save time he will do this randomly, and gain experience to see a potential cheating marker. And then Tag accordingly.

These Tags could be placed either into the holding screw of the grip on a band around the grip to prevent it being tampered with. Any adjustments would have to break the seal then it would have to go back to the ref’s tent to be scrutinised and re-tagged including battery change.

Now with all this out of the way the field should only have to look at tags before play and during to see quickly which ones are potential cheating markers, and can be tested at the start of the game for velocity only unless a Ref sees a tagged marker and wants to test it for another reason randomly.
His log sheet will record that on a certain team he tested the marker and then let it go if happy, one only guys and it dose not need a hopper full of paint to do this refs out there.

Now the game takes place, but in every few games at the start a random stop in the ten seconds takes place and a ref will pick up a marker looking at the tagging system and ask the player to fire off his marker, if the player refuses to let the ref do this of course we know why don’t we but players must take a pot behind the start line in the eventuality that may happen to re-pot.
If the marker is found to have a mode assisting that team like a full-auto breakout mode lets say, and they are out there believe me.
Then the player and marker will be dealt with under the rules for tournament, but remember the marker and player have already been logged.

If a player uses another marker in the case of his developing a fault then it is his and the teams to inform the ref on that field he has altered his marker and changed it tagged of course.

NO TAG NO PLAY.

The rest of the arguments about how to make a fair game are up to the majority, we play and play because we love it, but the arguments fall on deaf ears even if you are right because you have to have a majority with you. One stone can create a ripple MR SMITH. But a group of stones together can make a wave.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
MY THOUGHTS

Originally posted by mad dog

RED - FAILED (To be inspected and team fined for attempting to use a dangerous marker, head marshal or ref will confirm these details)

AMBER –PASSED BUT CAPABLE OF ALTERATION OR MECHANICAL TRIGGER BOUNCE (The marker may have a fine button adjustment or mechanical adjustment making the marker change its modes)

GREEN – PASSED (The marker can be locked off and has passed the test but ref may still test this marker if they require on request)
You sign in and register, next door is the marker register and inspection tent.
On the first day one guy registers your marker and the markers ID, this will log your marker and help if lost or stolen.
A second guy will open with the permission of the player and examine it for ramping software, if it has the capabilities of ramp or sustained fire it will be tagged with an AMBER tag.

The third guy will test the marker if needed for trigger bounce and modes and capped rate of fire, maybe to save time he will do this randomly, and gain experience to see a potential cheating marker. And then Tag accordingly.
Hi Mark,

Nice idea and as you've had a while to think about it I would like to run a hyperthetical situation past you.
I have a cheat chip installed in my marker, to the eye it is identical to the stock chip, this chip is locked like the stock chip.
The chip has programing so that if I press the top button 2 times then the bottom button once it'll shoot full auto at 330fps, if I press any button or don't activate the trigger for 3 seconds it'll dissable the mode and revert back to 15bps ramping, 280 fps.
How does the inspection or 10 second checks stop me using this marker?

Cheers.
:)