Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A must read - PA rule change for the 2005 season

Re: MY THOUGHTS

Originally posted by Collier
Hi Mark,

Nice idea and as you've had a while to think about it I would like to run a hyperthetical situation past you.
I have a cheat chip installed in my marker, to the eye it is identical to the stock chip, this chip is locked like the stock chip.
The chip has programing so that if I press the top button 2 times then the bottom button once it'll shoot full auto at 330fps, if I press any button or don't activate the trigger for 3 seconds it'll dissable the mode and revert back to 15bps ramping, 280 fps.
How does the inspection or 10 second checks stop me using this marker?

Cheers.
:)
He throws it in the sea and if it makes a wave it's, er, bad...

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Don't let 'em get you down, md. You're my boy and I got's yer back.
What a load of bollox, Collier. No system is perfect but the point is there are things to be done short of giving in to the cheaters.
And Maestro I sense a lack of sincerity from you.

Btw, md, I think the system needs a bit of tweaking because as it's written above all markers would get an amber ticket unless they were purely mechanical cus every electric I've ever seen is capable of bounce. Maybe it's just the way you worded it.

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk
Re: MY THOUGHTS

Originally posted by Collier
Hi Mark,

Nice idea and as you've had a while to think about it I would like to run a hyperthetical situation past you.
I have a cheat chip installed in my marker, to the eye it is identical to the stock chip, this chip is locked like the stock chip.
The chip has programing so that if I press the top button 2 times then the bottom button once it'll shoot full auto at 330fps, if I press any button or don't activate the trigger for 3 seconds it'll dissable the mode and revert back to 15bps ramping, 280 fps.
How does the inspection or 10 second checks stop me using this marker?

Cheers.
:)
Ok this opens up the possibility that this goes on, maybe it does maybe its all fairytale stuff, up to you to decide that one decide.

We call on good refs and many I have seen on fields at least a few fields have some. Devices are good but not always accurate hense the need for the human touch in the game.

First of all if your stupid enough to fire at 330fps then you don't deserve to play, if you know your doing this that is.
Always the room for marker problems in this answer, they are just machines after all.

The answer to your question may be in the band or tag used to cap the marker stops any tamper with buttons, or a ref will be on break out watching for ajustments without asking to do so by the ref.
Its another problem that will be stopped by teaching refs about it, to put it knowledge is also power.
So run a course or something and teach refs to look for player's being sneaky.

I say again mate I don't have all the answers but maybe a few more heads on this will sort it out once and for all.

Maybe a company will make some grips with a tamper lock to cover the buttons once fitted to go on all markers then can be tagged by the ref tent. getting any closer mate.

New grips with lockable button covers and seal attachments to lock off in a tournament. god I,m good.

Originally posted by Baca Loco
What a load of bollox, Collier. No system is perfect but the point is there are things to be done short of giving in to the cheaters.
And Maestro I sense a lack of sincerity from you.

Btw, md, I think the system needs a bit of tweaking because as it's written above all markers would get an amber ticket unless they were purely mechanical cus every electric I've ever seen is capable of bounce. Maybe it's just the way you worded it.
Oh, it's like that is it. Play nice and try to lure my fave chewtoy away from me so you can have your own fun?

Don't listen to him Mad Dog sweetie - he is being horrible on a more subtle level is all. I am your friend, I mock you openly.

xxx

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk
Re: Re: Re: MY THOUGHTS

Originally posted by TJ Lambini
:D :D :D :D :D

Dont knock the spelling, I edited it just before. Got give you something to play with takes you away from you getting away and watching your favorite soap, about hotels and stuff.

Stop picking on small stuff and tell me the dam thing would not work to help stop cheats.

Re: Re: Re: Re: MY THOUGHTS

Originally posted by mad dog
Dont knock the spelling, I edited it just before. Got give you something to play with takes you away from you getting away and watching your favorite soap, about hotels and stuff.

Stop picking on small stuff and tell me the dam thing would not work to help stop cheats.
Hey, did no-one ever tell you it's tha little things?

OK, your whole last post is gibberish from start to finish. It adds nothing to tha debate.

I'm sorry dude, I don't mean to sound cruel, but I am - so that's how it comes out.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Maybe it is bollox but the whole point of the proposed rules is to stop the cheat boards correct? The board and code I described isn't some make believe item to get past what Mark has written, it's out there now as you well know!

Mark,
I know we've had lengthly 'discussions' in this thread, but I applaud your efforts I really do! The system you've suggested isn't perfect but it shows you're willing to think and suggest rather than simply complain about it.
It's easy to knock down suggestions and pick holes in them, much like I've done I wish I had the answer, my bank balance certainly does!

All the best Bud.

Paul.

Re: Re: MY THOUGHTS

Originally posted by mad dog
1. Ok this opens up the possibility that this goes on, maybe it does maybe its all fairytale stuff, up to you to decide that one decide.

2. We call on good refs and many I have seen on fields at least a few fields have some. Devices are good but not always accurate hense the need for the human touch in the game.

3. First of all if your stupid enough to fire at 330fps then you don't deserve to play, if you know your doing this that is.
Always the room for marker problems in this answer, they are just machines after all.

4. The answer to your question may be in the band or tag used to cap the marker stops any tamper with buttons, or a ref will be on break out watching for ajustments without asking to do so by the ref.
Its another problem that will be stopped by teaching refs about it, to put it knowledge is also power.
So run a course or something and teach refs to look for player's being sneaky.

5. I say again mate I don't have all the answers but maybe a few more heads on this will sort it out once and for all.

6. Maybe a company will make some grips with a tamper lock to cover the buttons once fitted to go on all markers then can be tagged by the ref tent. getting any closer mate. New grips with lockable button covers and seal attachments to lock off in a tournament. god I,m good.
I dunno why I'm bothering here, but...

1. Everyone knows it is going on. Fact. End of story.

2. Devices are not always accurate? What, exactly, does that mean? How is it relevant? We know the PSP is using devices that work now, with regards to catching guns firing over a certain BPS and a certain velocity.

3. The first line adds nothing to the debate. The second line, well, I don't have a clue what it means.

4. Run a course for refs to stop players being sneaky? That is genius - why did no-one think of this before?

5. Replace 'all' with 'any of' and I won't argue with one word of that sentence.

6. Words fail me. The basic nature of the problem seems to be beyond you...