The Home Of European Paintball

a paintball related death

pickaxeboy

eXtreme macca
Oct 23, 2001
Suffolk, UK
Visit site
DISCLAIMER:-
i'm am in no way saying anything detremental or making any judgement on the man who died.

did anyone see BBC Look East, it had this report on man who died as a result of a game of paintball. these are the facts they said...

he had a history of migranes and died from a 'massive stroke'

the man was hit in the head at close range. (i'm not sure if they said by how many rounds, i don't think they did)

he spun round quickly, this is what they thought killed him, but i don't understand if the inquirer said this cos the reporter was abit vague. suspossedly his quick spinning caused a reaction that 10 days later led to his death

any opinions???

(did you see the suspossed rental group? one was wearing a proteous (or however it is spelt) mask, hmmmmm very rental style)

Loki

Oct 7, 2001
London
Visit site
The spinning around could have dislodged a blot clot that had formed somewhere else on his body. That could have caused the stroke....

Although I'm not quailfied in a medical profession I spent a long time training towards one so don't think I'm just saying it. Though i admit its speculation.

L

Bud

" ..- - .-- .- - " ;)
Jul 7, 2001
This is not an opinion but a fact.
I was at the coroners court today called as a witness to the event you mention.

Fact : a paintball pellet was not the cause of the death of my friend, but the sudden jolt of the head (whiplash) after the shock of being struck by the pellet started the chain of events that followed, this caused the blood vessel that supplied the left side of the brain to spasm, yes he did have a history of migranes and did have a massive stroke, but the coroner has said that this could of occurred at any time whether he was driving walking or whatever, but he was paintballing at the time, so there is the only link!

I wont go into more details than that unless asked.

But what I will say please don’t take this report out of context and be prepared for some detrimental publicity from this event, as the press, national (daily mail) and local are looking for a negative side to paintball at the moment.

pickaxeboy

eXtreme macca
Oct 23, 2001
Suffolk, UK
Visit site
thank you Bud, i am not and was not trying to stir up a debate, i just waa unsure about the incident, the reporter on Look East didn't explain it well. thanx for the info.

and lets condsider this tread closed

Bud

" ..- - .-- .- - " ;)
Jul 7, 2001
Thanx guys

I think more importantly is that there are a couple of little girls who lost a father.

We have been given a good press in paintball at the moment whether it be comical and maybe not everyones cup of tea but it sickens me as to what the press have tried to do to his family on this occasion.

To those who slated recent episodes of the portrayal of paintball, maybe this will make you appreciate what these production companys are trying to do!!

Once again
Thanx

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
Bud,
Thanks for the post.i heard the news on the radio but it wasn't well repoted and didn't state any facts.unfortunatly when a tragic thing like this happens the press will always jump on board and take the "moral" highground.the problem is most of them are narrow minded fools and like sturing things up to get a story out of anything they can lay their hands on. paintballing is gonna be an easy target i guess and is gonna get bad press.but people aren't stupid(well some aren't anyway)and will realise whats happened.it's just up to paintballers to get the right message across and set the facts straight.

My condolences go to the family and to youself.

tb-303

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
BUD

Firstly - our condolences go out to Kens widow, their two girls, his family and friends.

Secondly - contrary to your expected reaction by the Daily Mail I have to say that the piece about this incident in there today was probably the most balanced and fair of the ones I have seen and leaves the reader with the impression that paintball wasn't really to blame but the whiplash was.

It's a very sorry affair altogether.

Mark