A Personal Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I will state categorically now, this is NOT a Federation statement, it is however, a statement from me, as owner of p8ntballer.com and its associated forums.

Every now and again in our industry pulls its pants down and reveals an *******; for reasons best known to themselves, these *******s are obnoxious, contrary and a host of other distasteful attributes.

I'm not sure if they were bullied at school and became social outcasts in that way or felt intellectually inferior and found solitude to be their own true companion, it matters not .. because the Oxford English Dictionary has catered for this person and if we look under 'A' the word '*******' should be found, if not, some ******* left it out...

There are two people in this country who have been pro-actively working against, and slagging off everything our new Federation is trying to do, one of these is jeff abbott and the other is andy sable from yorkshire paintball.

Up until now, I have ignored these two scumbags and trodden the more mature path of looking upon them as nature intended.

One might ask why should they be against anything the Federation is doing,
after all, we are doing everything we can to put UK paintball back on its feet?

Well, with abbott, that's quite easy, he has a pathological problem with me coz I caught him committing fraud in trying to steal from me, and...he also feels aggrieved that he was not asked to join the board.

And the latter is the common denominator between him and sable, neither of these guys were asked ..in fact, quite a lot of people were not asked for varying reasons.
Me and sable have a history that I will come to later.

Now, being asked not to join the federation wouldn't normally cause a problem for those people but it does for a select few, a very select few...and these are the people who think (note the word think) they are important..and as such, they feel as though they have a right to be on the Federation.
They do not like rejection these guys ... they hate it, coz for them, it's like being back at school where they underachieved in every department, socially, academically, you name it, they sucked at it...

As far as I see it, there was only one man who had the right to be on this new Federation and that was, and is, Steve Bull...and that's due to his fantastic and enduring work that he's been doing for lord knows how many years for no rewards whatsoever.... that man has the right, nobody else.
The rest of us are there thru a bit of luck and the positions we hold in the industry or sport.

And so, I'll ignore abbott for the moment, he's a nothing and never will be but sable got banned from this site years ago because he continually broke the rules of the site and after lord knows how many warnings, he got the permanent ban.
This guy is a right piece of work, lord knows how he's in business but if my life depended on it, I wouldn't buy one thing from yorkshire paintball.

And so this is the deal, bearing in mind this guy's constant nibbling at the Federation, I am gonna make sure this guy will have NO representation on my site whatsoever...and that means no mentions in sigs anywhere ....I will not allow my site to promote his pathetic little company.

Now, knowing people like sable, he will of course try to now undermine me as the Chairman of the Federation by various means, which of course he is free to do.
Mind you last time he tried it, all he did was end up talking to friends of mine in the industry in an effort to undermine me, and they just thought he was a prihck.
He came right unstuck last time he tried that when he realised he had bitten off more than he could chew and if I see one more post against the Federation or slagging or undermining me, I will post up here just how low this scumbag went in trying to undermine me when he indirectly offered some money for something that he thought would dikk me over... I will tell all !!!
And believe me, it's a pretty enlightening tale.
I will tell the 100% truth of the matter and a lot of you guys out there know me well enough to know I will tell the truth here.
He will of course deny it but in my opinion, the man's a consumnate liar anyway and about as trustworthy as a snake.

I will be asking any guys who have his yorkshire paintball cr@p on their sigs to remove them please and you have 7 days to do so.

Now this may seem petty, and it is, and maybe I should grow up (frikkin ell, if I grow up anymore I'll be dead) but for the life of me guys, I can't have people like him on my site or logo sigs..it ain't happening.
I'm sorry if anybody has innocently got caught up in this and this causes them a problem in changing their sig... sorry guys :(

biglamb

Jan 4, 2009
A little harsh i think.
you are all in the same game, trying to do the same thing.
Which is promoting the sport / industy of paintball. think how much better it could be if we all got along.

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
Biglamb, I understand your comment, but last night I went to pick up a gear bag (a deal from these classifieds)... bear with me on this, there is a point - The guy was going to walk his dog, (which was a 20 minute drive from him) and he didn't want me force me to wait for him to come back. So he got his wife to put it in the car (which he left open for me) and asked me to take it and not ring the doorbell.

Now if everyone was as trusting as him and as trustworthy as me, this sport would be the best sport in the world.

It is scum like this (going on Robbos word - I personally know shhh all about him) that keeps this sport with padlocks on their gearbags during games and announcements over tannoys about missing stuff.

If Robbo says he doesnt want it on his site I am sure he has good reason.

Jett

biglamb

Jan 4, 2009
I personally know shhh all about him

Jett
that was the only relvent part of your post.

i know andy, but i dont know robbo, so i cant really coment on details. i just think it can only mean harm for the industry/ sport with the conflict. personal dissagrements are just that. Personal.

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
that was the only relvent part of your post.
My point is, Robbo is aloud to publicise illegal/immoral actions on someone else's part. You know you would if someone ripped you off, or did you out of something.

What do you think about Mike from TECHPB saying Monsteballs are bad/crap paint?? Surely that is damaging to paintball... these things need to happen to make this place a better one.

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
Thats a pretty loaded post and Im guessing I have missed the build up. Where has this all come from? I suppose I wont be taken seriously as I play at YPC and I buy from Fatbobs so Im guessing I will be banned for the forum for posting a point of view that differs from your post but I am genuinely interested to know why you feel this way?

I constantly argue with Andy, more banter, as he is all about making paintbal better, safer and bigger. He constantly tells us all how important the UKPSF is (which for me is the only Federation I know of). He works closely with Steve Bull, provides air for events I have been to at Bullys site and does alot for paintball in the North.

Now this forum is big!! very big.... loads of people use it... to sell, buy, to discuss paintball, to arrange games to chat so surely posting something like this almost takes something away from this massive forum, it almost makes it look like a playground for exchanges like this. Again I dont know what your beef is so Im not taking it away from you that you have an issue with Sables or Abbot. But wouldnt it have been better to do it offline? on the phone? Why use a public form to make very personal comments?

Im purely thinking for people who are new to the sport or even people like me who have played a few years, see this and think "Why are people within the sport, big people with impact like yourself, arguing between each other?" Like Biglamb said, this wont help it progress will it?

7 days to bin anything linked to Fatbobs paintball and YPC? Thats taking an issue you have personally on to this great forum you created.... why?

Its obvious you have an issue with him, thats your call but creating rules like you have above and banning people who dont fall inline with your thinking is only going to cut down the numbers of people on the forum as they will get banned! How does that help the sport?

This shows sad, sad times in paintball. Paintball with never be taken seriously against other sports if the people who can push it forward dont see eye to eye.

boddy

Aug 29, 2005
Birmingham
Robbo is perfectaly entitled to do what he wants on this forum, it is HIS forum after all, so what he says goes.
Now, from reading the post that he made, and personally not knowing any parties involved, it sounds as if Robbo isn't the one who made anything personall.
The Federation was created to try and improve the level of paintball within the UK through whatever means possible, be this creating one league through the whole country, a set of standard rules or whatever they do to try and help.
Now if i didn't agree with what they were trying to do, that would be all that would happen, i just wouldn't agree with it. I wouldn't attempt to undermine, slag off or misrepresent The Federation for what they are doing, all i would say is, I don't agree. By doing what ever was done by the parties involved has clearly had some sort of impact, be it serious or just by simply hampering progress and annoying people, which isn't the way for anything to happen.
This sort of behaviour is the problem with our sport, if no-one can work together to achieve something good, which is what is trying to be done by The Federation, then it will remain in its current state. If nothing comes of The Federation, and i hope something good does because these guys are putting in alot of their own time and effort to make it happen, then nothing does because it wasn't meant to be, but trying to bring it down through various means, that's just not right.
Robbo is a guy who's been in the sport for many years and who knows alot about the game, do you not think that what he, and everyone else involved ultimately through his guidance being the chairman, is doing is for good of the sport? and if someone was trying to do you over, would you not let people know to stay away from them or at least have a bit of caution?

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
Thats taking an issue you have personally on to this great forum you created.... why?
Not so, Robbo specifically pointed out what the individuals involved have done to cause his ire with regards to the Federation (which sure the Federation isn't perfect yet, but they are ruddy well working towards it.) The fact that he went on to detail his personal beef with the two specifically is Robbo being Robbo and for him not to wear his heart on his sleeve just wouldn't be him and you'd probably all wonder what was being withheld.

Well other than the specific incident that Robbo has mentioned, he hasn't held anything back.

On a personal note, I agree with his actions. If those involved can't be supportive then why should they be supported in return ??

JF21

May 4, 2007
they hate it, coz for them, it's like being back at school where they underachieved in every department, socially, academically, you name it, they sucked at it...
I think lowering yourself to this sort of attack belittles your whole argument, for me a typical member of the paintball community reading this part of the post make the rest sound like character assassination, this combined with the fact there is no actual examples of what has happened makes it all seem a little pointless to me.

I have had no dealings with andy sable but the small amount of times I have spoken with Jeff he has been nothing but helpful, I understand we represent different parts of the industry and this will affect how people deal with us but my personal opinion still stands.

Yes it's your forum and yes you make the rules but without content there is the danger of coming across as the type of bullies you slur in the first paragraph.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
the fact there is no actual examples of what has happened makes it all seem a little pointless to me.
There are two people in this country who have been pro-actively working against, and slagging off everything our new Federation is trying to do, one of these is jeff abbott and the other is andy sable from yorkshire paintball.
Looks like one example to me, asides from that so far no one here has been privvy to the events leading up to this.

Lots of people seem very quick to judge Robbo without hearing the other side of the story.

Long and short of it is Robbo owns the forum, he's made the rule, abide by it or don't use the forum. Seems fairly simple to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.