Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A Problem with God

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Tom, there are plenty of people who seem to want to corner the market on ignorance but you seem to be one of the most determined along with Mr Tek.

You call it 'rubbish' eh?

I'm sure those learned people you mention will be undoubtedly comforted in the knowledge an erudite person such as yourself failed to express surprise at so many jumping on the God bandwagon ... maybe because as you suggest, it's an easy side to take.

Ya know what Tom?
I'm glad you bought this up because there are a lot of extremely intelligent people sitting on the fence on this one and were maybe thinking it was an easy side to be on because of the huge amount of evidence underpinning the notion of a creator, they can now come down off the fence, safe in the knowledge that the entirety of your argument for there not being a god was your detailed explanation of 'rubbish' ..... cool, I'm impressed by such extended and deep reflection, and of course, such accountability.
It only goes to prove our education system seems to be working, leastwise in your neck of the woods anyway.
Pete, it doesn't matter how well you wrap up your arguments there is still the small matter of proof. You can pull in as many "extremely intellingent people" as you like to beef up this absurd notion of an all seeing being looking after us. At the end of the day if you need to believe there is one i'm happy for you mate;), but don't expect this illiterate uneducated person to fall into the "god line".

Duncan Berry

London Tigers 2
May 27, 2008
Cambridge
tom mate i dont think this was so much of a case of beliving in god (i'm agnostic mate) it was merely a hypothetical question were IF god existed and IF this problem occured

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
tom mate i dont think this was so much of a case of beliving in god (i'm agnostic mate) it was merely a hypothetical question were IF god existed and IF this problem occured
I know Duncan, that was addressed in my first post. The actual existance of this so called god is fundamental to Pete's question.

d rabe

STD 2011
Aug 6, 2008
The basement
What it all comes down to is the human inability to believe that when you die there is nothing.....they want to believe there is some thing after death

in years gone by they used this balls to keep the minions in check ..god will strike you down yada yada.deal with it it isnt real god if he did exist wouldnt want to know half the people in this world:cool:

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
had similar thoughts about god/time myself. (usually afetr watching back to the future mind)

my theory though is this.

god/supreme being DOES exist but in a larger galaxy/universe than the one we know just as ants do to us. and with his galaxy there is our dimension (the one we know and currently exist in) and the other dimensions known to be in existance. (the 3 dimensions)

but what if there was a 4th or 5th dimension?
lets say within "gods" galaxythere was the alternate earth the 4th dimension whereby things are happening on the opposite timeline to the way they did here. in otherwords a world where hitler won ww2 and soham never happened and huntley died.
or a 5th dimension that shows a complete different earth all together.

heavy thinking i know.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Your talking about one universe where everything happened the opposite from this one ,so Huntley's rents decided against a shag that night making the whole nonce bashing time machine problem null and void ...

Or would this be the one that the decision was 'it's actually quite comfy in this primordial ooze I don't think I'll actually bother getting out"

Or the fact that maybe one of the 'would be' Huntleys relatives was a Jew so that solves that problem as well yeh.

heavy thinking?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
....but don't expect this illiterate uneducated person to fall into the "god line".

I didn't...and you have just illustrated capably enough as to the reasons why I didn't ...an excellent job of self-appraisal; it's about the only thing you have got right in this thread at least.

But even though you seem to be doing your utmost to devolve the human race by using the rationale of a chimpanzee, you might do well to make sure you are not confusing the context of god we were referring to.

I have already drawn the distinction between a religious god and 'god the creator', as I have already stated, they are two different animals entirely.

Tek managed to overlook this distinction and ended up eye-balling his personal array of haemorrhoids before taking an almost brockdorffian plunge into absurdity.

Tom, just make sure you understand the context if you wish to continue impressing me with your lack of neuronal activity.
If you have misunderstood the context and are referring to a religious god, then you may at least rescue some dignity, if you haven't misunderstood, then it might prove advantageous to resist replying .... but of course, that's your prerogative.

Peace !

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I didn't...and you have just illustrated capably enough as to the reasons why I didn't ...an excellent job of self-appraisal; it's about the only thing you have got right in this thread at least.

But even though you seem to be doing your utmost to devolve the human race by using the rationale of a chimpanzee, you might do well to make sure you are not confusing the context of god we were referring to.

I have already drawn the distinction between a religious god and 'god the creator', as I have already stated, they are two different animals entirely.

Tek managed to overlook this distinction and ended up eye-balling his personal array of haemorrhoids before taking an almost brockdorffian plunge into absurdity.

Tom, just make sure you understand the context if you wish to continue impressing me with your lack of neuronal activity.
If you have misunderstood the context and are referring to a religious god, then you may at least rescue some dignity, if you haven't misunderstood, then it might prove advantageous to resist replying .... but of course, that's your prerogative.

Peace !
of course it's my perogative, but Pete, you mention that i have missunderstood your meaning in this thread maybe you should have been a bit clearer with your opening statement. This debate between us is about your first post and my answer to it, your enquiry and my rebuttle of religion and a god.
Oh and personal digs, my my your slacking.:eek::)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
of course it's my perogative, but Pete, you mention that i have missunderstood your meaning in this thread maybe you should have been a bit clearer with your opening statement. This debate between us is about your first post and my answer to it, your enquiry and my rebuttle of religion and a god.
Oh and personal digs, my my your slacking.:eek::)
OK, I have edited this post and changed what I originally wrote because of a new context, that context not being what I first thought and I'll apologise to Tom for misreading his intent here.

I will answer this accordingly:-

We live in a world and experience a world that constantly remind us of the connection between cause and effect.
In other words, for every possible event, there is a reason that event occurred, and this applies on the macro-level of stars exploding down to the micro level of sub-atomic particle collisions.

We live in a universe that in entirely causal in nature and even when we think we have discovered something that seemingly happens for no reason, this always turns out to be due to a lack of understanding or ignorance of certain functional operands.

And so, my point is this, if you had to choose whether we had a case for a god (creator) or not, then if we ponder the latter, we have to countenance the idea of this whole universe and everything in it, including the laws of that universe and evolution etc etc are entirely the product of spontaneously self-creating.

In other words, first there was nothing, absolutely nothing, no particles, no gravity, no light, no time and even no god, and then all of a sudden we have a universe ...Pow!

The alternative to this is to consider a creator who, for some, as of yet unknown reason, created us.
Now, what is more likely, and what is more evidence orientated, a world creating itself or a world created by a creator?

The fact we are not in possession of the whys and wherefores of god's decision to create us is completely academic here because we must go with the evidence and I realise it's all circumstantial but at least we have that whereas with the alternative, there is no evidence whatsoever of spontaneous self-creation anywhere in this world that is supposed to have created itself.

I hope that makes my position clear Tom !