Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A&Q Guidelines/Rules

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I was thinking either a one month payment whereby you can promote any amount of events during that month or for it to be a one time paymment per event ... I hadn't really thought of a sticky payment but it's an idea I should maybe discuss with my mods .. Cheers Lettuce, much appreciated !
the unlimited advertising would be a really good way to get all events advertised and out the way with in one go but i dont envy the mod team that has to cross check every post against every user/payment/month to see who's legit and who's not!
think the sticky would be the way to go :D

Soul Doubt

Bhood!
Jul 7, 2009
South Wales
Maybe you could make a few exception to certain area's of the forum? for example, the newbie section is where most of the new players start coming here to ask questions etc, i mean i done it! So maybe it would be better for the overall atomosphere of the site if you can mention to new players about venues and events near them? otherwise the conversations will go "Hey guys wanna get into paintball, know anywhere near XXXX" followed by a reply of "cant tell you where etc otherwise i may be banned as the site hasnt paid advertisement"

That may put some new players off, and make this wonderful forum look bad, which no-body wants

People are going to become more weary of what they write incase they infringe on the new rules, which are not as black & white as Pictures with your username and date for example :D its nice having this as the virtual representation of the paintball community, and i understand the reasoning behined this :)

It all depends on what we are allowed to say, can we mention places and events in passing? and that only direct adverts for events will be banned? or are we allowed to mention only paid up events to the forum?

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I can understand the fact of shops promoting the sale of there goods here, but have always looked at forums as a means of information for events or trainning days.
Now dont shoot me down, but its just an opinion i have, and a calm voice with a question.
With the economic situation we all have seen in the past several years and the decline of players, in effect, site owners struggling, would it be wise for this at the present climate ?
I would have thought seeing more sites posting up promoting more paintball to generate more traffic and readers helping the growth of players among us and more interaction with this forum.

or have i read this all wrong again ?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
er, whilst the retail side of things is really struggling, the sites are doing relatively well and are pretty much stable.

Site owners re not my favourite bunch of people at the best of times but I have a lot of good friends who are site owners and so it's not all of them.
And I love the fact the onus of regeneration is put on this site when the turnover of this site is but a mere fraction of the turnover of an average paintball site, and I mean a mere fraction.
Nitro, myslef and this site have done soooo much to try and help UK ball over the years, far more pro rata than anybody else who might own a paintball site.
Try not to feel too much sympathy for our site business, they ain't doing bad at all mate ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Maybe you could make a few exception to certain area's of the forum? for example, the newbie section is where most of the new players start coming here to ask questions etc, i mean i done it! So maybe it would be better for the overall atomosphere of the site if you can mention to new players about venues and events near them? otherwise the conversations will go "Hey guys wanna get into paintball, know anywhere near XXXX" followed by a reply of "cant tell you where etc otherwise i may be banned as the site hasnt paid advertisement"

That may put some new players off, and make this wonderful forum look bad, which no-body wants

People are going to become more weary of what they write incase they infringe on the new rules, which are not as black & white as Pictures with your username and date for example :D its nice having this as the virtual representation of the paintball community, and i understand the reasoning behined this :)

It all depends on what we are allowed to say, can we mention places and events in passing? and that only direct adverts for events will be banned? or are we allowed to mention only paid up events to the forum?

I most certainly don't want people worried about what they write; I just want to stop people taking the pis$ and I think it will be quite apparent who's doing the latter.

damocarlisle

Impulse
May 28, 2008
Carlisle
So if I wanted to advertise a team training day for new people to attend locally on our team field would that be ok?

Were not a site owner just a team thats putting up a millenium field we bought on a local site.

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
Where is the line?

I am not a site owner but I do support my site. Would my links in my sig break the rules or would my avatar? as I think they both support the site. I don't mind changing them but I would like to do it before I got a warning. :D

Reactions: niallist

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Leachy, 'no' is the simple answer here; having sigs that mention sites won't be breaking any rules at all mate.
What I am trying to protect against is sites promoting specific events on p8ntballer ..... mentioning your local site in your sig is absolutely fine Bri.

Penfold

Feb 19, 2011
Stevenage, UK
Just an idea - if site owners who pay for advertising get their own little part of the board on top of/instead of banners, rather than still trying to compete in the somewhat crowded Training & Event Sites board. (Maybe split them up into Scotland, Wales, England, Europe?)