Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
dude,

I am literally just off to Mayhem

if I forget, give me a shout next week - :D

but I would be very suprised if you can't get it working by spending less than £30.

Only thing that's really terminal on a cocker is if the valve strips, anything else is pretty much saveable

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by cowface1812
paul, its where u time the cocker from, where u put an allen key through the top of the cocker.

bloke from besales said so' that is completely shagged'

this was at NvS when he fitted my 3way and had a look and couldnt retime the cocker becasue of it, plus the trigger plate.
Based on that info it sounds like you've got an otherwise working marker with a dodgy hammer lug screw. Unless there's something else going on that they haven't explained.

Don't know why they described the cocker as completely shagged and for a cocker that is a pretty extreme statement.

A new hammer, (Shocktech fat hammer with lug), is £15 + VAT from Planet

if the sear is damaged then the Equilizer roller sear is only £29.74 +VAT

Can't find a price for the trigger plate, (can't be that expensive), but surely if the worst came to the worst you would just replace the entire frame, possibly with a blade or another 45 grip.

That's the thing with cockers, you can replace absolutely everything on them.

The only think that's left of my cocker that is totally stock and not changed or fiddled with or milled is the ASA, (and I'm thinking of changing that :D )

As the other guys have said ring Jack at Planet or if you can drop the cocker into them and get them to give you a quote.

Dumping it on something as professional as a quick look and an 'it's shagged ' report is a real shame.

Planets number is 0161 872 5572, ask for Jack Wood and get the troglodyte out of his cave in the back ;)

HTH :cool:

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Beaker

The only screw that you access like that is the grub screw on the hammer. Worst case is you need a new hammer (about £30), best case you can just replace the screw (probably about £1!)
Damn, type a long reply then go and read Beakers message.

Dude what he said!!

:cool:

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
Originally posted by cowface1812
hi si,,
erm, is there nething i can do about this, i got his Mob number and e-mail, but dont know what else to do, i have sent him e-mails before and he said that what was wrong was bullcrap, and i said [i wont say his name, call him fred for now]' fred said that this is wrong and he is ur m8, and the bloke from besales said this aswell',
and i havent had a reply since,

I was pretty upset about this as i spent all my christmas and birthday money on this marker,,,

WHAT CAN I DOO:mad: :mad:
its amazing that wan**rs like this are tolerated. NAME and SHAME and a rather loud word in their ear should be the way to go. i recently bought a shocker that was meant to have a few probs which should have been easy to sort, it actually needed a whole new board! However a couple of emails later and a cheque for part of the cost of repairs was one the way( thanks james :) ) so there are nice p/ballers out there!
just keep phoning him and leaving messages again and again, maybe he'll eventually feel guilty and sort it out for you

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
cube,
this bloked look at it at nvs, and he just put it into simple terms for me, cos he was putting an allen key in the top bit, and nothing was turning, and the trigger plate, where the acuting rod goes, the whole is twice as big as normal and he couldnt time the new angry 3 way with that. we was in a rush as we was just about to go for the big push:):),

i am 16 guys, and hardly no nething about cockers, and dont really want to fiddle with my cocker, rather get some1 else to do it, all together, i reckon all this will cost over £100 to get this all fixed,

Tom

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
As someone else said, send it off to Jack at Planet. They charge £25 for a service, obviously parts will be extra if it needs it. If the hammer lug is threaded, obviously he can't get the hammer out, so it probably just needs to be drilled out. As people said, a new hammer will probably be needed.

If the sear is knackered, a new sear isn't that expensive.

If you want, I've got a complete Belsales Frame lying round gathering dust, complete with trigger, springs and sear. I can send it down to you if you give me your address. Just pay whatever postage it costs me to send.

Email me and let me know.

Tony.mckeown@coniston.co.uk

Oh, and it stinks that the guy ripped you off. I've seen the guy in question has posted on these forums recently, and hasn't bothered to respond to your allegations aimed at him.......Hmm....:(

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Beaker
well, I got:

Classic Intimidator
SOB
Replacement grips
Replacement switches
Volumiser
Torpedo reg
Delrin bolt
BM cup seal
O-ring set
2 gauges
Lowrise
DOW 55 Grease

Everything installed and tuned

and all for about £700 INCLUDING SHIPPING! (which only took 2 days!)

and that was paying retail. Even if I had paid VAT on it (which I didn't) I still would have been much better off.
Beaker, did you get that through Phoenix, or did you import it yourself? If so, where did you get it from?

b0ned0me

Born to be Bald!!
Aug 9, 2001
Death Mountain
Visit site
Knackered Allens

Hmm - I seem to recall that Charlie Reed is aka Pieman.
I bought a Mag off him last year and its dead good apart from EVERY allen screw in the thing being knackered, whcih cost a grand total of about £7 to rectify.

I think I can guess what the problem is and maybe instead of abusing the guy you should just take his metric (i.e. WRONG SIZE) allen keys away and make him invest £3.50 in a set of imperial/US (RIGHT SIZE) allen keys.

Then we would be one step further toward universal happiness and pink fluffy bunnies for all.:p